How can you keep rubber from the track off the exhaust tips?

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
I'm going to be getting a borla catback system in a few weeks and I do not want the tips getting trashed like my old mangpack exhaust system did. Is there anyway to keep the rubber from getting caked and burnt onto the the exhaust tips to the point where it will not come off anymore? My Magnapack tips were destroyed the looked like crap and the Borla kit is $$$$ I dont want it to end up the same way.

• Sponsors (?)

You can try and do like you do on the paint. Put some car wax on the tips nice and thick, and then don't wipe it off till you get home. I don't think the tips get that hot.

Kurt

I don't think the tips get that hot.
lol...hot enough to fry an egg on.

We used to put PAM cooking spray on the body pannels. The rubber and grime wiped right off. I would imagine it would make a heck of a mess after being cooked on an exhaust pipe though. I like the wax idea...but I wouldn't cake it on. Just wax and wipe away.

I would have to keep right on top of it and be sure to wipe off any rubber after each run. I'll have to see how the borla tail pipe connect as well if its different from other systems I might just take them right off at the track but putting them back on at the end of a day of racing would suck and would be much more easy to wipe them down. Keep any idea's coming.

If the pipes don't get hot, the rubber gets stuck in the wax, and you just wipe it off when you are done. I always put a thick layer of cheap Carnuba wax on the bumper behind the tires when I run slicks. It saves so much time in cleanup.

Kurt

well I dont think they will get to hot. From the time It takes to get up to the burn out box, do the burn out and make the run not a lot of time pass's. Hopefully not enough to bake on the wax lol

well I dont think they will get to hot. From the time It takes to get up to the burn out box, do the burn out and make the run not a lot of time pass's. Hopefully not enough to bake on the wax lol
Guess it depends on what kind of racing you're doing. I do a lot of bracket racing, which as you advance in rounds, requires you to "hot lap" your vehicle. There's no cool down and the tips get plenty hot.

Not to mention....a hot exhaust, is a good thing to have.

Thats an option troy, but one I wouldnt want to do lol, white93 I'll have full tail pipes so the turn downs are not an option but that paste looks promising. Kurt, I'll have try and find out what the flash point of pam cooking spray is and that might work as well.

Is PAM flammable by itself...or as a spray....One night, against my better judgement, I sprayed it on my grill, with the flame going...yup its flammable like that. Turned the flame off and gave it a good coating, lit the grill back up.....nothing flamed up.....

mud flaps...heck yeah!!!

Is PAM flammable by itself...or as a spray....One night, against my better judgement, I sprayed it on my grill, with the flame going...yup its flammable like that. Turned the flame off and gave it a good coating, lit the grill back up.....nothing flamed up.....
It's flamable as an aerosol, not by itself. It's the propelant, not the oil that causes the fireworks.