how do the 99-04GTs stack up to the lightning?

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
just wondering

I saw a lowered silver lighting the other day when i was on my way to work.. the first one ive seen in about 2 years.. made me think about my friend from back home that has an 03 with just and air raid intiake and his is lowered too... just got me wondering if our cars are slower of faster than them?

I have no intentions of racing one or even finding one to race... im just being curious as to their numbers vs GTs.. they have the same HP/TQ numbers as cobras correct? but being that they are a heavy truck they are a tad slower right? i think my friend brian ran a 13.9(ish) when he installed his intake and had it lowered....

I never really knew if they took to mods as well as the cobras do due to there size..im sure they can be pretty quick... anyway just curious of there details.. thanks for reading my most likely pointless post

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

well damn.. i thought theyd be a tad quicker than that in stock form...lol guess not.. i figured they could be really quick but i know with their weight it could be hard getting them there... my buddies truck seemed to pull pretty hard but that was back when i had a smaller motor... and the more i thought about it, i was thinking i get put more back into my seat when i nail it than when he got on it in his truck... thanks

stock for stock it will take ya pretty easily. my buddy has an 04 lightning and it turns 8.6s at 81mph in the 1/8th. i use to race him motor to motor and he would get me by maybe a car length that was with me having a bunch of boltons.

supercharge your car and he wont be anywhere close hahaha.

WTF? why wont anyone buy that thing? he prob has over $15,000 in the engine bay alone. stock ones with decent miles on em are going for around $20,000 in my area. someone is gonna get a good deal on this thing

because the economy is in the tank and going to get worse.

I got spanked 2-3 times by them at the track, pretty bad in my 2v. They weren't stock, and I have no idea what there mods were, but it wasn't even close. I've never seen a stock one run, but I've heard they aren't much faster than a well driven GT.

so i guess if i ever meet up with one, ill know to make sure its stock before i try anything... i figure with my mods id prolly be ok.....i just thought that with their weight and all, gts and lightnings would be about the same

so i guess if i ever meet up with one, ill know to make sure its stock before i try anything... i figure with my mods id prolly be ok.....i just thought that with their weight and all, gts and lightnings would be about the same

get that vortech on and you will be fine with like 90% of them. it would take a 700rwhp lightning to take down a 500rwhp mustang that is if it weighed 3400lbs.

and to get 700rwhp they need a big whipple or a big kb and some other mods to do that.

Stock, they might not be too hot, but just like a cobra a few boltons later and they get pretty quick. Rode in one last summer that had pulley, tune, exhaust, intake and it would deffinately get out of its own way.

It might be heavy, but it has a torque happy motor which of course = traction issues.

I ran one that I assume was stock. We both spun off the line and we would stay neck and neck untill I would start creeping foward.

Their big problem is traction. All that instant tourqe and nothing over the rear wheels makes it really hard to get them off the line clean.

just wondering
I saw a lowered silver lighting the other day when i was on my way to work.. the first one ive seen in about 2 years.. made me think about my friend from back home that has an 03 with just and air raid intiake and his is lowered too... just got me wondering if our cars are slower of faster than them?
I have no intentions of racing one or even finding one to race... im just being curious as to their numbers vs GTs.. they have the same HP/TQ numbers as cobras correct? but being that they are a heavy truck they are a tad slower right? i think my friend brian ran a 13.9(ish) when he installed his intake and had it lowered....
I never really knew if they took to mods as well as the cobras do due to there size..im sure they can be pretty quick... anyway just curious of there details.. thanks for reading my most likely pointless post
:SNSign:
They run mid 13s stock, 360hp and 400tq or something like that. Too lazy to look them up.