How do you guys like 4:30 gears in your GT?

GT02MG

Dec 11, 2004
MD
Im going to set up an appointment this week to have them installed at a shop and I would like to see what a few of you think about after owning them for a bit?
Im not getting any wuss 3:73 or lower gears either:D

• Sponsors (?)

I hope you dont drive on the fwy alot. My buddy is pulling his 4:10's out of his 01gt and putting in "wussy" 3:73's after driving my car. 4.10's are better on the track , as are 4.30's. But it your car....hope you like shifting 3 gears by time you hit 15 mph

I would think that 4:30's might be over kill for a 2v motor, to benefit from that much gearing you would need a really high reving motor like the 4v... Go with 4:10's

Yea If I am going through an intersection I have to shift half way through with my 4.10's, but I love them when I get on it. They pull hard:SNSign: I would say try some 4.10's.

4.30's are fine, I have driven a few cars with them...

one thing I like about having my gears on the highway is that to keep the rpm's lower I drive slower. I was getting lots of tickets driving 80-85 on the highway... now I cruise 65-70

with 4.30's you may even go a little slower on the highway..

Im staying N/A from now on since I dont have money to throw at my car or will in the future.....I know a lot of guys running 4:30s around here in their GTs and it feels damn good....I was just wondering what everyone else might think of them while im waiting for them to be installed.
My highway miles each day to work consists of about 4 miles on the highway and even then im only cruising at 60 since the speed limit is 55 so I dont think its going to be an issue.

anything less than 3:73s is for pushrod cars or something.....4:10s even work good with a power adder 4.6 GT

I know someone putting 4.30's in his auto GT, and someone putting 4.10's in his sc'd GT.

4.30's seems insane to me, but I also do alot of highway driving.

Your sacraficing alot of top end with a gear swap like that.

yea but I really dont need a lot of top end either....my car will be staying N/A for its entire life and I dont really have the urge to keep going after my 1/4 blast is finished....I dont go out and do 130 MPH + blasts