How many of you are post whores?

:SNSign:
icon_jackoff.gif

Pretty much sums it up

• Sponsors (?)

I want something to be clear. I did not turn off post counts in the regional forums. It don't have the HP. I do not agree with the decision.

Only posts in the tech forums will increase your post count.

Going to Stangnet for Tech advise shouldnt get you points. You should LOOSE points for being dumb enough to come here for tech help. This is a place to "hang out" and nothing more. Just my opinion though.

The funny thing is, I dont care about the post count. It means NOTHING. Except that they THINK they can pi$$ us off by removing them. What pi$$es me off is their way of thinking.

You tell 'em Jeff, ROFLMAO! Unless you're looking for tech advice on which wax to use or what wheels match your handbag best Stanknet is the WRONG place to look. Maybe for little stuff like firing order, or what part number sparkplugs for a stock motor....or which muffler sounds best and will give you that extra 2hp to get you into the 14's...

Honestly I've never seen the attraction of the high post count, kinda like the big dyno number. All it means is that you've got a big mouth, doesn't mean you know what to do with it.

I think that post count should just be hidden, all it does is cause problems. I've had it that way from time to time on tm.com and other than a few people (postwhore bitches) complaining about taking it away there was absolutely no down side.

ZeroCool said:
shoot, after I lost half my post count when this mother went down, I haven't been the same.
Heh... I had actually cleared 7000 before then. And look now, I'm not anywhere close to crossing that threshold again. That was back when I was still pretty active on the 94/95 Tech forum.

I'm still unclear as to why people think SN has no tech info. Sure, the Northwest forum is babbling, but there are decent tech forums. There's a lot of crap, too, but no worse than any other Mustang forum I've looked at. It's pretty easy to filter out the garbage.

Dave

Rootus said:
Heh... I had actually cleared 7000 before then. And look now, I'm not anywhere close to crossing that threshold again. That was back when I was still pretty active on the 94/95 Tech forum.

I'm still unclear as to why people think SN has no tech info. Sure, the Northwest forum is babbling, but there are decent tech forums. There's a lot of crap, too, but no worse than any other Mustang forum I've looked at. It's pretty easy to filter out the garbage.

Dave
I am siding with ya Dave. I think that saying you cannot get good info discredits people, shoot even Jeff discredited himself yet I have seen him give great tech info on here and know he is a great mechanic. Oh well...:shrug:

fiveohwblow said:
I am siding with ya Dave. I think that saying you cannot get good info discredits people, shoot even Jeff discredited himself yet I have seen him give great tech info on here and know he is a great mechanic. Oh well...:shrug:

HIJACK... hey how much boost do you see with a 2.8 pulley? Was just curious, saw a fella with a 3.15 and was wondering how hard he was running it.

DD
:flag: :nice:

Rootus said:

Dave

I believe it's because we don't focus on the hardcore racer; from the start, Mike wanted to target the biggest group of Mustang owners, the enthusiasts with a daily driver. We have tons of gear/muffler/tire type questions because that's what the guy who just bought a GT is looking for.