How many of you are post whores?

I'm still kind of confused on why and who decided to eliminiate post count credits except on certain forums, its like were being forced to chat in different forums or maybe not forced but given a incentive. If post counts arent important than why not give credit were credit is due to people it does matter too.:shrug: To me a post count can be used as a tool to see if someone is on the forum just to stir chit up or is a loyal/ regular sort of speak stangnet member. Maybe its me but it feels like a slap in the face.I bet who ever came up with this idea probably has already established a high post count and has no regards for other member who still are establishing there's. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

gospeedgo said:
could it be the "new face" in the forums that posted right above you? Sure seems strange that this is the only post he seems interested in.
He is second only to MRaburn in the StangNet pecking order. Even if it were not his idea, he certainly has enough pull to make it stop if he did not agree with it. So that is your answer.

IMO the only acceptable reason for turning of post count in a particular forum is if that forum has a reputation for being abused by post whores. I can see it from SN's point of view -- worthless posts take up space, slow the forums down, and irritate legitimate users. As with other problems, it should be addressed as effectively as possible while minimizing impact to other users.

But does the Northwest forum, or any of the regionals for that matter, really have a reputation for post whoring? Once in a while, in this case a particular thread started by SMOKEDYA, a bit of post whoring occurs. Is that enough to penalize the entire forum? I run into post whore threads in the tech sections once in a while as well, but post count still works there.

There is clearly an implication that the only desirable content on StangNet is technical in nature. That is pretty naive. There have been perhaps half a dozen attempts over the last few years to start alternative forums just for Northwest Mustang enthusiasts. All have failed, despite plenty of potential members. People come back to where their friends are, and that means StangNet. Clearly something other than technical content still has real value for a lot of StangNet's membership.

Dave

Rootus said:
He is second only to MRaburn in the StangNet pecking order. Even if it were not his idea, he certainly has enough pull to make it stop if he did not agree with it. So that is your answer.

IMO the only acceptable reason for turning of post count in a particular forum is if that forum has a reputation for being abused by post whores. I can see it from SN's point of view -- worthless posts take up space, slow the forums down, and irritate legitimate users. As with other problems, it should be addressed as effectively as possible while minimizing impact to other users.

But does the Northwest forum, or any of the regionals for that matter, really have a reputation for post whoring? Once in a while, in this case a particular thread started by SMOKEDYA, a bit of post whoring occurs. Is that enough to penalize the entire forum? I run into post whore threads in the tech sections once in a while as well, but post count still works there.

There is clearly an implication that the only desirable content on StangNet is technical in nature. That is pretty naive. There have been perhaps half a dozen attempts over the last few years to start alternative forums just for Northwest Mustang enthusiasts. All have failed, despite plenty of potential members. People come back to where their friends are, and that means StangNet. Clearly something other than technical content still has real value for a lot of StangNet's membership.

Dave
Wow Dave very well put.:nice:

Rootus said:

Dave

I'd agree with you for the most part, in fact I'd say that the non-technical content on stangnet is more valid simply because of the amount of bad/incorrect technical info that gets spread and propigated here. That's why I don't bother with any of the other stangnet forums, or the corral.

And I wouldn't say that ALL of the stangnet alternatives have failed, the forum on Heads-Up NW is pretty active and is finally starting to pull in people who aren't from the stangnet clique.

ddonaca351 said:
HIJACK... hey how much boost do you see with a 2.8 pulley? Was just curious, saw a fella with a 3.15 and was wondering how hard he was running it.

DD
:flag: :nice:
It seems to regulate itself between 8 and 9 depending on conditions and gears... I usually say nine as that seems to be more consistant. I also have the powerpipe, but did not run the pulley without PP... Ok, enough thread jacking.

Rootus said:

Dave
I agree with both you Dave, and with Ed. You both have very valid points. This fiveohfanatic has been upseting even more members in other forums that have nothing to do with the NW section. IF in fact it was him, I am not suprised. He seems as though he appreciates his implicitly large internet ban stick...:shrug:

gospeedgo said:
could it be the "new face" in the forums that posted right above you? Sure seems strange that this is the only post he seems interested in.
Well, yeah. This is where the crying was going on. :shrug: I don't live in the NW anymore, so I don't have any other reason to be in here.

Post counts are on in tech forums only. That's been the intent for awhile, though it's true we concentrated on the "talk" sub-forums & the main off-topic forum, & didn't bother with turning them off in the regionals. I suppose we should've done it awhile ago.

I don't like post counts, personally. I mean, we all know you have to get over 50,000 before anybody takes you seriously.

Ah, I crack me up.

What I like...

What I like...if anyone cares about my point of view,:shrug: , is that I have learned alot about my car, the other types of Stangs on the road, and hope to in the future meet other members at a cruise in someday. I never knew there was a big deal about "post counts" until now. I'm preety sure...should I need help with my car, I'll get a lot of GOOD suggestions/answers on what ever problem I might encounter. What amazes me and why I'm here on this forum is to show that not all women are ignorant about cars, and yet I'm still learning about them at the same time. I am also having an enjoyable time pulling everyones chain from time to time because some guys just get WAAAY too serious. I like Stangnet and hope to be a member for a long time.
Have a nice day.:hail2:

fiveofanatic said:
Nah, that's not the point. It's only to keep morons from running up their post count like you were making fun of at the start of this thread.
Well let me get this straight, because of a select few that abuse the "system" thats what its starting to feel like "The System".. your going to penalize all other loyal NW stangnet members which out # the few by a large margin. I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with Stangnets decision. Not that it matters, im just a member not a moderator. Well wait a minute without members there would'nt be any moderators...Theres some fruit for thought.Also maybe they should not even have post counts and clear every ones so were all at the same playing level.Wonder how that would make some feel that helped enforced this new plan that have already established 5 digit #s in posts.:shrug:

The Factor said:
Well let me get this straight, because of a select few that abuse the "system" thats what its starting to feel like "The System".. your going to penalize all other loyal NW stangnet members which out # the few by a large margin. I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with Stangnets decision. Not that it matters, im just a member not a moderator. Well wait a minute without members there would'nt be any moderators...Theres some fruit for thought.Also maybe they should not even have post counts and clear every ones so were all at the same playing level.Wonder how that would make some feel that helped enforced this new plan that have already established 5 digit #s in posts.:shrug:

Now, now Mr Factor, just tell them to "Have a nice day" like Bon Jovi does. If you havent heard it (dont know what music you like) then borrow it fro someone and listen to the words....teehee.:D

Alice Colby said:
Now, now Mr Factor, just tell them to "Have a nice day" like Bon Jovi does. If you havent heard it (dont know what music you like) then borrow it fro someone and listen to the words....teehee.:D
Alice you always seem to bring a smile to my face:) no matter how I feel:nice: and if I had any Bon Jovi I would gladly take your advice and listen to him.I love all types of music from Country which is my favorite now to heavy metal and even some Jazz every now and then can be very relaxing and help me unwind whitch im listening to wright now:D

The Factor said:
Alice you always seem to bring a smile to my face:) no matter how I feel:nice: and if I had any Bon Jovi I would gladly take your advice and listen to him.I love all types of music from Country which is my favorite now to heavy metal and even some Jazz every now and then can be very relaxing and help me unwind whitch im listening to wright now:D
I could print up the words for everyone.????:D

" Have A NICE DAY"

Why you wanna tell me how to live my life?
Who are you to tell me if its black or white?
Momma, can you help me try to understand,is innocence the difference Tween a boy and a man?
My daddy lived a lie, thats just the price that he paid, sacrificed his life just slaving away...
Oh, if theres one thing I hang onto that gets me thru the night
I ain't goona do what I dont want to, I'm gonna live my life, shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice...Standing on the ledge and show the wind how to fly...
When the world gets in my face...I SAY! Have A NICE DAY!

Theres more words but this is enough for now...:D

Alice Colby said:
Why you wanna tell me how to live my life?
Who are you to tell me if its black or white?
Momma, can you help me try to understand,is innocence the difference Tween a boy and a man?
My daddy lived a lie, thats just the price that he paid, sacrificed his life just slaving away...
Oh, if theres one thing I hang onto that gets me thru the night
I ain't goona do what I dont want to, I'm gonna live my life, shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice...Standing on the ledge and show the wind how to fly...
When the world gets in my face...I SAY! Have A NICE DAY!

There's more words but this is enough for now...:D
I like it, I mean I really like it. I might have to pick up his album. That now says it all in four words. Thanks for sharing and it will be a new and very popular Phrase in my short but sweet vocabulary.:)