How much harder is a 94-95 to work on than a Fox Body?

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
How much harder is a 94-95 GT to work on than a fox body? My friend has had a 90 LX and a 94 GT, he now has a 00 Z28 and says that the fox body was alot easier to work on. I havent really ever worked on a 94-95 much. He says plug changes are alot harder on a 94-95. Is that really true? Fox bodys are pretty easy to work on for the most part but it seems like everything is in there tighter on a 94-95. Intake swaps, headers, pulleys, valve cover removal, head swaps, blower install, how much worse is it on a 94-95?

• Sponsors (?)

We have a big fox hideout at my work (bodyshop) a lot of my friends have foxes and i have my '94 and I've done work on equal amounts of both cars. Really they are based on the same chassis they're basically the same engine minus a few minor changes and to me the engine room and setup is the exact same. I don't see why the spark plug change is any harder? I've done sparkplugs on both cars before. ???

sociopath5.0 said:
They are impossible. Buy a Kia and take it to the dealer.

Take the smart ass comments else where. :nonono:

I cant see there being THAT much of a difference because they are on the same chassis but my friend is always trying to down the 94-95's compared to a fox body even though he wants to sell his 00 Z28 and buy another 94-95. LOL, weird. I dunno, I have never really messed with a 94-95, so I was curious.

GreenMustangGT, check the signature, owned a 94 Z28, I know about 50 people with F-Bodys, they suck! 93-02 F-Bodys might be the worst engineered fugging cars ever. Putting exhaust on them sucks, plugs suck, optisparks on LT1's, 7.5 rearends breaking, 20 foot dash, sitting on the floor, parts are $$$$$, bleh! :fuss: :fuss: :fuss: :fuss:

wytstang said:
The hardest plug change that "some" people have is the #4 were the egr tube comes from the header to the intake. I personlly have never had a problem removing them.

*I noticed your in Pensacola Florida I "might" be moving there at the end of this year. How is the area people, cops, etc,etc???

Thats about the same as a fox body when it still has smog, without it, easy!

The area kind os sucks lol, it depends on alot though, rains alot. The racing scene is small compared to bigger cities but if you saw the videos I posted in 5.0 talk, there are a few strong cars running around. :) We have a car club, thats pretty laid back, with all kinds of different cars, different ages. Just PM me when you get ready to move here, if you want to check out the race scene or anything like that.

The biggest issue with the change between the fox and the SN-95 was the hoodline caused confusion with the top end. I believe it ended up cramming the air assembly into a tighter space, and also confusing the area with the alternator and smog pump, making blower installs a real PITA. Doing that involves a rearrangement of the Alt and Smog Pump upside down underneath the supercharger, with the Alt ending up towards the bottom of the engine. I don't have a blower, I just read something about it in an old 5.0 Mag earlier today....:shrug:

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Thats about the same as a fox body when it still has smog, without it, easy!

The area kind os sucks lol, it depends on alot though, rains alot. The racing scene is small compared to bigger cities but if you saw the videos I posted in 5.0 talk, there are a few strong cars running around. :) We have a car club, thats pretty laid back, with all kinds of different cars, different ages. Just PM me when you get ready to move here, if you want to check out the race scene or anything like that.
Cool man like I said I may be moving there depending if my g/f get's stationed in pensacola (air force).

xr8d302 said:
The biggest issue with the change between the fox and the SN-95 was the hoodline caused confusion with the top end. I believe it ended up cramming the air assembly into a tighter space, and also confusing the area with the alternator and smog pump, making blower installs a real PITA. Doing that involves a rearrangement of the Alt and Smog Pump upside down underneath the supercharger, with the Alt ending up towards the bottom of the engine. I don't have a blower, I just read something about it in an old 5.0 Mag earlier today....:shrug:
Just get a kb for the ease of the install. ;)

xr8d302 said:

Blower install isnt exactly easy anyway, can it be THAT much worse than a fox body?

wytstang, if you get sent up here, just let me know and I can get you hooked up with the racing scene if you want. :)

I don't think they are much harder at all. You do have to remove/loosen the alt. to get the pass side VC off on the 94-95, but that's about the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that is more labor intensive if you want to even call it that.