How much HP lost through TF Streetheat manifold?

ive been wondering if im losing a lot of hp through my manifold. my combo is a 331 dss with trickflow 190cc heads, vortech sq at 12psi w/ afm powerpipe. is it worth changing out that manifold for something larger or will i be wasting money and time?

• Sponsors (?)

So you have a manifold designed to be a stock replacement on a naturally aspirated 302, on a 331 with upgraded heads, camshaft and a supercharger and you are wondering if you'd gain power if you swapped it out???

Of course you will. Edelbrock RPM II or Holley Systemax II, but double check hood clearances, I don't think the Holley will make it under the stocker. Porting is also an option.

Adam

i have a friend with the same combo except no blower and his car makes great torque like 380 to tire but hp 285 falls off quickaround 5200, we are putting a holley on it soon i'll let you know the results

Will the victor fit under a stock hood? i had to use an intake spacer to clear the valvecovers and the egr delete.everything right now is a very tigth fit.

its a dds super pro which is built off of a production block and then goes through a process. they claim it can handle up to 650 hp. im lookin to get around 540 or so. i know the streetheat is basically a stock upgrade. i didnt have the extra money at the time to buy a new intake when the engine arrived. its the final piece to be replaced. the car feels great though. loads of power even with the streetheat. now it needs a set of gears and some new rear tires beofre i upgrade the intake. the best part about this car is that everyting fits under the stock hood. nobody knows what this thing has. they seem to find out the hard way.

The victor fits under the stock hood of my fox, though I don't know if that's any help. Its probably the best intake for your application BUT you have a stock block so no need to over do it. The dss machining they claim, doesn't do a thing to help it handle more power.

I've always wondered what they do to a stock block that leads to the claim that it will handle more power. Probably just a girdle, and D.S.S. uses an aluminum one, so I can't imagine that it will help much. I'll be pushing about 650 out of my new engine on a stock block, so we'll see how it goes.

Kurt

Doubt it will be that much power difference. Once you get a blower on there, it's shoving air down the engine anyway.

Kurt

There is a reason the systemax intake is loved amongst forced induction guys. There is and c an be quite a large difference. But ofcourse....blanket statements are often wrong. With the right combination, the appropriate intake will make more power. A blower/turbo is not an excuse to run a stock/302 intake.

what if i bought the track heat upper plenum. dont they both use the same bottom piece? would it be worth a couple hundred dollars and would that make a difference?

If i were you, i'd sell the trickflow intake and buy a new intake....