How much HP with heads, intake,and cam?

blackcobra

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2000
How much HP should I expect with Edelbrock performer intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, 1.7 RR's, and E303 cam? I have the stock block and my mods are in my sig, any other suggestions welcomed. Should I go with 1.7RR's or 1.6's, can I get away with an X303 cam or is it too much cam for this set up? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Well I can't see your signature there man....but my combo uses the same heads I believe, and the same cam, just a different intake...and I'm putting right about 280 hp to the wheels, through a BADLY slipping transmission. That 280 is calculated roughly by using my ET's and the car's weight. With a good solid tranny behind it it should be much closer to 290, maybe even 300.

So the range tmoss said will probably be about right.

I would say you could get a solid 290 rwhp horsepower out of it with a decent tune...

36 lb injectors are to much for that combo...if it were me I would put 24lb injectors on there with a better flowing fuel pump..this way you would have good fuel pressure...but thats just me :shrug:

David

Agreed.. Without a supercharger, 36 lb injectors would leave you richer than the Hilton sisters.
Your signature mentions a 331 I notice... If you go that route, you should be making well over 300 horses at the wheels easily. Now I couldn't say whether you should use 24 or 32 (Is it 32???) lb/hr injectors..... Probably still 24's, with a fuel pump and an AFPR like was mentioned.

I third the 24lb injectors, with a 75mm maf. The 65mm tb will support up to 400hp, so unless your're planning on something more awesome, no reason to go overboard. That's speaking from a n/a point. If you plan s/c or nitrous in the future, you might want to bump those up and not have to spend the extra bucks replacing everything after the fact.