How Much is Your Car Worth?

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
I noticed some guys doing this in the Fox section. Let's compare & see how much our cars are worth ..... BY THE BOOK. Let's see who get's the highest / lowest.

Rules:

1.) Must use www.kbb.com

2.) Use "Suggested Retail Value".

3.) Put in correct miles, options, etc.

4.) Users in countries other than U.S., please either use a U.S. zip code .... or convert to U.S. Dollars ..... for comparison's sake only.

I know I won't get the in the top, lol. It says my car's worth $4,760.

Mileage appears to be the largest factor. I guess a low mileage Cobra will take the win here .... and a high mileage GTS will get the lowest. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

$6570 in Excellent condition. But, the paint needs to be redone, and a couple replacement parts in the interior. KBB has changed since I last used it. I think in fair condition it said my car was worth $5k flat.

$7,190
Could that be right? Seems high...

Engine: V8 5.0 Liter
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: RWD
Mileage: 103,000

Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
Dual Front Air Bags
Power Seat

Optional Equipment:

Cruise Control
MP3 (Single CD)
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Rear Spoiler
Premium Wheels

Body's in absolutely mint condition though, only flaws are the steering wheel and the driver's seat leather are worn, but will be replaced soon.

I got a quote of $6,590. Not bad. I guess the convertible thing has something to do with it as well.

WOW!! if my car was a cobra, it would be worth $8,370. I left the mileage the same and everything else. Well, since I have a cobra motor in there, that's how much I'll ask if I sell it.

$5,540 :(
Vehicle Details Change Equipment
Mileage: 130,500
Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks

Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette

Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Power Seat
Selected Optional Equipment
Single Compact Disc
Premium Sound

Rear Spoiler

Premium Wheels

$5,505

Mileage: 130,000
Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks

Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo

Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Power Seat
Selected Optional Equipment
MP3 (Single CD)
Premium Sound

Leather
Rear Spoiler

Premium Wheels

i only paid 4200 a few years ago for it :banana: but i have much more then that into it :nonono:

$6,210 and my car is in PERFECT condition. I would stab myself in the eye before I would sell it for that. Much like Rob (gmkillr) said, I wouldn't let it go for less than 10k even though mine has more miles than his.

Hell I will keep it forever if I have to lol.

In short, KB values should be taken with a grain of salt. What a person actually would pay for the car depends on who the person is. Obviously a person wanting plain transportation wouldn't care about a nice sports car.

Also, it said "typical mileage for this vehicle is 91,000" where the hell did they get that number lol...in this case, the words "typical" and "average" are VERY much different terms lol.