Roush how much power can the 2V handle

• Sponsors (?)

cool thanks because i am at about 350 right now and the next step would be a off road xpipe and the 66mil pulley so that would put me real close to the 400 point. so i guess i will just get a good tune and keep her where she is at with a good tune i could maybe see 360

S281SC#08 said:
cool thanks because i am at about 350 right now and the next step would be a off road xpipe and the 66mil pulley so that would put me real close to the 400 point. so i guess i will just get a good tune and keep her where she is at with a good tune i could maybe see 360
DOn't worry.. Those add-ons won't get you to 400.

BlackSaleen said:
My Saleen with a series II and a 66mm pulley and a Diablo Revolution Chip dynoed at 372 after a tune at So Cal Tunning. You can't make it to
400hp on a series II with a off road X and a 66mm pulley.

Yep what he said... I smoked my stock 2V with the 66mm pulley... KaPOW!! :notnice: Then I put in the forged DSS block!:D

BlackSaleen said:
My Saleen with a series II and a 66mm pulley and a Diablo Revolution Chip dynoed at 372 after a tune at So Cal Tunning. You can't make it to
400hp on a series II with a off road X and a 66mm pulley.

That is not all i have i bet if you add the snow kit you would be realy close to the 400 range if not over it. when i added my snow kit it added 40rwhp and 40rwtq. oh and i do not have the series II i have the series IV. so none of you think i could get realy close to 400 with the snow kit which i can advance my timing for more power also with a SCT tune 66mil pulley. you may be right but i think i could get real close like may be 380-390. at least my tuner thinks i can. But i guess we will see right.

S281SC#08 said:
That is not all i have i bet if you add the snow kit you would be realy close to the 400 range if not over it. when i added my snow kit it added 40rwhp and 40rwtq. oh and i do not have the series II i have the series IV. so none of you think i could get realy close to 400 with the snow kit which i can advance my timing for more power also with a SCT tune 66mil pulley. you may be right but i think i could get real close like may be 380-390. at least my tuner thinks i can. But i guess we will see right.

Josh,

There are conservative tuners out there and reckless ones. 400 rwhp is just probably obtainable and most likely doable but you are going to need to add a few goodies like a TB, headers and pulley. Even then you are pushing it even with the Series IV.
If you can't get that 400 rwhp number out of your head you are going to need to swap out your blower for a KB. There are plenty of guys driving their cars daily with over 400 rwhp with the 1.7 on pump gas.
There is nothing wrong with 375-380 rwhp. At this point you are using Band-Aids to get to the number you want. 375 rwhp is just about 450 crank and thats a great number. Thats a 12 and a half second car.
If you load up a bunch of timing because you added the Boost Cooler and one thing goes wrong it only takes one blast up to redline to split those lousy rings. Just a thought.

Hey thanks Marcus for the reply i was'nt realy concerned with getting to 400 because i do not want to take my car to far from stock and run the risk of doing damage to it so i think i will probably stay were i am at and just get a better tune.