How the hell do you keep your car clean in winter?

Milenko

Skid Mark Layer...only not fro
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2001
Boston, MA
How do you guys do it?

My GT is my only vehicle, and in the winter it gets COVERED in the salt from the roadways. Every time I want to wash it up here, its sub 30 degrees and the water freezes. How do you guys keep your stangs clean in the winter? (If they aren't garaged)

• Sponsors (?)

Milenko said:
How do you guys do it?

My GT is my only vehicle, and in the winter it gets COVERED in the salt from the roadways. Every time I want to wash it up here, its sub 30 degrees and the water freezes. How do you guys keep your stangs clean in the winter? (If they aren't garaged)

Keep it in the garage :rlaugh: and buy a beater('84 Ford Ranger) for about $700. Some people pay more than that just to get snow tires and rims. BTW, the beater has lasted me 4 winters, I've put less than $1000 into it for repairs in 4 years time, and saves me money on insurance too. Just my suggestion..

Milenko said:
How do you guys do it?

Not much different then normal. When it starts to look dirty, I throw on a set of shorts and a T-shirt and go out and give the car some TLC with the hose and rags....

Oh wait, you cant do that!!!

bummer......

:smile:

Milenko said:
How do you guys do it?

The GT is also my only ride. See the bottom of my sig. :notnice: I usually wear 2-3 shirts and a hooded jacket, and brave the weather with cold tap water and gloves. I've been known to hand wash the car, outside, at 34 degrees. I drive through an automatic car wash with underspray beforehand, just to remove some of the salt from the exhaust, engine, etc.

I hate all you warm weather dwellers...

It's about 20 something out now...I just finished doing some major work on the car, but my god it needs a wash...look...

dirt.JPG

There's not much you can do.Winter sucks and it's very hard on paint and metal.

I'll never drive my car in the winter..Oups..I lied ,I did last winter but I was living in Florida.. :p anyway you should consider a winter beater if you want to keep your stang clean and rust free but on the other hand if you're looking to trade it in soon don't waste your money on a beater.

I bought a cheap 1993 Dodge Shadow with 208,000 Km on it and so far so good.. :nice:

Milenko said:
How do you guys do it?

dont drive it. I got an explorer to match my stang. Not bragging just telling the truth.