how to get that cool air intake whistle???

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i took a ride in a guys car, he has the cheap Ebay CAI, it whistled when accelerating and sounded badass!

his ebay CAI is an actual fender mount. Is that how it gets the whistle??

• Sponsors (?)

A nice vac leak will cause a whistle, as will a hole in the butterfly. I think he might have an aftermarket TB with the hole and the CAI allows the whistle to be heard easier.

Good luck.

My cheap-a** Professional Products throttle body whistles. When I put the cai on, it amplified it. I personally hate it. Makes me feel like people think my car has a vacuum leak or something. I need to buy another and ebay this cheap knock-off p.o.s.

BBK TBs do it and it sounds absolutely stupid. I had people asking me about the stupid whistling they heard, so I dumped it for the Ford Racing TB I have now! If you like (Im sorry if you do) it, then go out and get a BBK or (I guess) a Professional Products TB! And remember the whistle doesnt make it any faster unless it is a SC whistle!

bubba-dough said:
My cheap-a** Professional Products throttle body whistles. When I put the cai on, it amplified it. I personally hate it. Makes me feel like people think my car has a vacuum leak or something. I need to buy another and ebay this cheap knock-off p.o.s.
same here....damn POS:Total-CP:

Same here, only other than the wistle I have had no problems with the PP trottlebody.
bubba-dough said:

Kinda wierd but my buddy has an 00 gt with a steeda cai and it whistles too, might be something with the modulars but he is still running a stock TB. If I remember correctly I think it started when he did his cams.:shrug:

if its a tb whistle its because the inlet pipe is not straight. bbk is not garbage at all :Damnit: . i had the whistle with my stock tb when the inlet pipe was not on straight.

and foxfan, i think the noise that you are refering to is not the same whistle, its the air coming through the filter.

just my .02

his whistle was a dry sounding scream, probably was the CAI, and it could be that the pipe isnt straight, he said the Ebay CAI is cheap and he has to cut and file to get it to fit good.

i think i may buy one, it looked good under his hood and i was going to buy one before but never did...

If the only shiney item going to be under the hood is a pc of half assed intake tubing..I'd be more inclined to paint up the original box. Not only will it work/look/fit better it may well save me from accidently reading a post later where you've somehow convinced yourself your car has become faster as a result of it. Oh and as for buying an item like that so you can hear a "whistle sound"...I'm not really sure I even want to get myself started on that. Save all the cash for when you start your rebuilt and t-5 swap...trust me you'll need more than you'd expect.