How to make my previous car quieter for my Dad, any product suggestions??

Blakers01GT

Master of the Clubhead
Founding Member
Sep 21, 2001
Brown Deer, WI
Well me and my Dad swapped cars today. handed over the keys for the GT :( I was sad but I'm moving on to bigger and better things :D

I'm driving my Dad's GTP until I get the cobra. My dad said he loves the sound of the car but know's he'll get sick of it soon because it's very loud. right now I have Mac LT's, Bassani o/r x-pipe, and Mac flowpaths, the mid pipe and mufflers are what are obnoxious. You guys have any suggestions for a nice catted pipe that the car won't lose so much power with? I'm thinking about swapping mufflers as well because those Mac's are LOUD by themselves!

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Magnaflow. Buy their cats and weld em in. Buy their regular magnaflow cat back. I love mine. I couldnt imagine wanting louder... cops would nail you every 2 secs around here. It sounds great, and resonably loud, but not too much at all....

007 said:
Magnaflow. Buy their cats and weld em in. Buy their regular magnaflow cat back. I love mine. I couldnt imagine wanting louder... cops would nail you every 2 secs around here. It sounds great, and resonably loud, but not too much at all....

yeah welding is no problem but how would welding cat's do anything? I'm not worried about cat's I just know o/r is louder and wanted to tone it down to make it comfortable for him. this is his company car now and most of the time daily driver and he's 54 and will get annoyed sooner or later. yeah I was looking into magnaflow, they are nice, deep and smooth.

as far as getting a catted bassani, I'm not looking to spend that much money to lose power and only quiet it down a little. probably looking for some used exhaust equimpent to bolt on to tame it a little.

Blakers01GT said:
Well me and my Dad swapped cars today. handed over the keys for the GT :( I was sad but I'm moving on to bigger and better things :D

I'm driving my Dad's GTP until I get the cobra. My dad said he loves the sound of the car but know's he'll get sick of it soon because it's very loud. right now I have Mac LT's, Bassani o/r x-pipe, and Mac flowpaths, the mid pipe and mufflers are what are obnoxious. You guys have any suggestions for a nice catted pipe that the car won't lose so much power with? I'm thinking about swapping mufflers as well because those Mac's are LOUD by themselves!

:shrug:
Buy 2 2.5" high flow cats from magnaflow.com. Then put on some borla mufflers. Will be much quieter and smoother. Magnaflow mufflers would be fairly quiet as well.