How To measure TPS voltage...

L33T MinGrey GT

Jan 8, 2004
OK, I installed the Accufab TB/Plenum combo and the Steeda CAI (sweet mofokers), but my car feels like way too accelerated.

THe way I checked the TPS voltage was putting a thin paper clip in the center cable from my TPS, I then went ahead and connected my ground from my voltmeter in a screw that I have grounded in my car (I use this screw to ground my N2O kit, it does work) and then with the positive from the voltmeter I touched the paper clip and it read 0.98V.

I know that this is correct (.95 - .99), but I feel my car waaaayyyy agitated.

It idles like at 900-1000 RPMs (when it used to idle like at 600-700), and when you step on the gas it takes like 3 seconds for it to start dropping from wherever it is at that time.

For example if Im going at 2500 RPMs and I get off the gas it stays there for like 2 seconds and then starts dropping to idle (900-1000).

How can I fix this?

Once more thing, when I step on the gas I hear a hissing sound coming from where the Steeda filter is. Is this normal (I know is a bigger filter and no silencer whatsoever)

Sorry for the LONGGGGGGG post.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

• Sponsors (?)

To adjust the idle, there is a screw on the side of the Accufab TB. If you turn it one way, it holds the butterfly more open. If you turn it the other way, it closes it some. I had to do that to drop the idle back to ~700.

i get the hanging idle problem -sometimes-. I'm not sure what causes it

I was told from Accufab to turn on my car and play with it while it was idling. Is this right? They told me to forget about the volts reading.

How do I fiddle with the TPS?

I tried yesterday night but when I unscrew the stuff, it does not move anywhere, in fact when I screw it back in, it goes back to the original position (.98). Do I have to remove the TPS completelly off and move it around or just loosen the screws a little bit and play with it (It did not work this way)

What am I doing wrong?

You're supposed to be able to loosen the screws and adjust, but, as you found out, the amt of adjustment is minimal (to say the least!!!). I just slapped mine on, and drove that way for a week...by then it had settled down. Most will tell you the same story. If you haven't yet, reset the computer (disconnect the battery for 10-15 min - then when you click the key on (just prior to engaging the starter) you'll see all the gauges peg-and then you'll know you've 'rebooted' - this will speed the learning process).

Hey thx for the heads up but I did disconnect the battery throughout the whole install. I saw a post earlier from you I think, and I got to tell you if this is the deal "WHAT A FOKING DUMB COMPUTER we have on our ****.

I have only driven it for like 30 miles and the install ended yesterday so I still have time to make the stupid computer re-learn how to walk.

Neways, we shall see.

Thx yall for ur inputs!

Well the almighty SES came up bitching about the Idle Speed Control

(I got one of the ODB II readers), so does this mean that my TPS is foked

up?

Should I get a new one and try or while the computer learns the new settings

it throws these codes?

i just put on a 75mm tb w/ trueflow plenum, and had fender mount cold air already. i had the same prob until i reset the tps and rebooted the comp. the ses light went off and it has gotten much better in the last day. most would say to give it a week, but if the ses is on you should recheck the tps & hoses then reset the comp. i had a verry good ammount of help from all you guys though. thanks :spot: