I gave in on gears...

his sig states goals for FI, so 3.73's are a good choice.

i just think alot of people think its either 3.73's or 4.1's and they have to pick between the two, not knowing theres a middle ground 3.90's. im going 3.90's cause i dont know if ill be going FI or h/c/+nitrous yet.

but yeah, for an auto though id go no less than 4.1's. you can take advantage of taller gears since the tranny is geared lower(4 gears compared to 5).

• Sponsors (?)

Dusstbuster said:
I didn't mean it literally :p

I guess it's more of a "to each his own" situation. Right now I just feel 3.73's will be perfect for my car and what it goes through in an average year. If I had a 5spd or more money for larger rear tires i'd be more than willing to do 4.10's. I'm not saying 4.10 > 3.73 or 3.73 > 4.10, i'm just saying for me right now, 3.73's are better than 4.10's.

Thats why they make different gears. 3.73 is a big improvement over stock, At somepoint you should consider a tourqe converter and j-mod

I just had 3.73's installed yesterday and was debating on 4.10's while the guy was removing the stock 3.27's. Although 4.10's will definitely set you back in your seat a little more, I like to hear myself think a little when cruising the highway for more than 10 minutes. Plus 3.73's aren't going to get you embarrased too often anyway.

Well today this happened:

Picture004.jpg

Attachments

• Picture004.jpg
    Picture004.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 78
Keldog said:
I just had 3.73's installed yesterday and was debating on 4.10's while the guy was removing the stock 3.27's. Although 4.10's will definitely set you back in your seat a little more, I like to hear myself think a little when cruising the highway for more than 10 minutes.

:lol: To bad that isn't true! I have no problem with noise while driving on the highway with my 4.10's The only problem I have is keeping my right foot from pushing down to hard! :lol: