I got my AFR 165cc installed and Dyno

Darek78

Oct 6, 2004
Brooklyn
Hey Guy's finally got my AFR heads from Kevin from K's Kustoms and got them installed on the car after the install we put the car on the dyno and this is what we got
scan0001ri7.gif
then we added few degrees of timing and the results are
scan0002bh0.gif
then we took 1 degree of the timing and this is the final result
scan0003vl3.gif
scan0004cy6.gif
I think that the numbers are a little low what do you think guys :shrug:
This is a stock bottom end with AFR 165cc heads stud mount ,1.6 crower rockers steeda #19 cam and unported cobra intake with 1/2 inch spacer for clearance on the valve covers
The rest of my mod you can see in my sig
so what can be the problem My intake should i get it ported by tomss :canada:
or get a trick flow or Edelbrock one need advice
Thanks
Derek.N

Attachments

• scan0001ri7.gif
    scan0001ri7.gif
    7 KB · Views: 394
  • scan0002bh0.gif
    scan0002bh0.gif
    7 KB · Views: 190
  • scan0003vl3.gif
    scan0003vl3.gif
    7 KB · Views: 181
  • scan0004cy6.gif
    scan0004cy6.gif
    7 KB · Views: 195
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats what i think to but i need some advice on the intake should i get it ported or get something else :shrug:
when i first took the car for a drive with the new heads on it was a nice improvment good for the street but the numbers seem low

Thanks
Derek.N

i paid around $1400 he got me all the gaskiets for intake, heads, heders, harden push rods intake spacer valve covers Dyno time i needed to ajust my exhaust also had to replace 2 bolts on the front brake caliper and the bracket they were striped and i think that was it

Derek.N

your results are on the low end of what I've seen for mild combos with AFR 165 heads, so your not completely out of line. I'm not a big fan of the Steeda cam your using - a look at your torque curve will tell you why, it's not horrible but it's not what I'd want. your A/F was lean at first but got adjusted.

I think it has more to do with the cam than the intake. Could you gain some by porting the lower? Yes, but I don't think it qould get you where you think yoiu should be - it's one step but not all the steps.

does any body have any other ideas what could be wrong with it :bang:
I the lower intake the problem :shrug:
i'm lost right now :mad:

Derek.N

I think you need to look at a couple things... most of the 300/300 combos on here have custom ground camshafts. The Steeda stick is great for idle but it is lacking in the power department. You're HP plateaus around 5100... it should be around 6100. Both your intake and your cam aren't going to get you there.

I think that you could squeeze 10 more HP depending on tuning, but to reach that next level you're going to need more RPM and more air.

Did you get a custom chip burned? There are a lot of things that need to be changed on even the stock tune that twisting the dizzy / FP screw won't do.

- Adam

I can barely see those charts but from what I can make out.

You started out too lean ... way too lean :eek:

Looks like you hug the 13 to 1 line on the next two pulls
which is certainly a step in the right direction.

Like some said, I think aTFS or Edel intake would help you more
than that Cobra but I have to agree with Tom, not all that much.

What did the datalog show for air flow values in the three pulls?

What have you done to your spark tables?

What have you done to your fuel tables?

Grady

i think you guys are crazy for even considering switching intakes or that being a problem. you mean to tell that if i switched my heads and cam for afr's and the steeda cam i would loose power. i dont see it happening. maybe try another dyno :shrug:.

Impressive, but its not an apples to apples comparison. I'd take a 93 Cobra camshaft over the Steeda 19. The 93 cobra has the same lift as the steeda 19, but has 270/270 for intake and exhaust duration, while the 19 has 220/226.

The steeda 19 is a great blower cam with 115 lsa that plays nice with EEC-IV.

Adam