I got rearended by the Short Bus!

Mossberg

Jul 21, 2003
ATL, Shawty
I was sitting at a light today waiting to make a turn, and out of nowhere, a Gwinnett County school bus driver plowed into the back of my car. :bang: :mad:

Luckily it was in my Daily Driver though and not the Stang. :nice:

Well, I guess I be in contact with the Insurance Co.:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

For every dollar you spend on rehabilitation you get $3 from their insurance company. One for you, one for the doctor and one for the lawyer... might as well get something for your trouble that wasn't your fault. I don't mean fraud but don't think you're okay. My neck still hurts after an uninsured motorist rear ended me. I wasn't paid enough....

GDawg said:
For every dollar you spend on rehabilitation you get $3 from their insurance company. One for you, one for the doctor and one for the lawyer... might as well get something for your trouble that wasn't your fault. I don't mean fraud but don't think you're okay. My neck still hurts after an uninsured motorist rear ended me. I wasn't paid enough....

:nonono: I can't believe the number of people that drive without insurance. They really need to up the pentalties for this violation... maybe do some stoning, pressing, guillotine, I dunno, whatever instills fear into the hearts of these people and makes them at least get some sort of coverage. So I pay a good deal of money for my insurance while these bums drive around without it, they hit me, I'm hurt physically and well.. what do they do? Not worth suing them because if they had money, they would probably have insurance. So I get $$ from my insurance company, and hopefully don't get screwed by higher rates.

These are some camera phone pics.

109702718_351968602_0.jpeg

109703266_351970498_0.jpeg

109704361_351974253_0.jpeg

109704057_351973213_0.jpeg

109704568_351974979_0.jpeg

109704779_351975735_0.jpeg

I was definitely hurt. My driver's seat with me in it ended up flattened in the back seat. I had to sue my own insurance company to get what I couldn't get from him. But you can bet my insurance company is on his ass for repayment. I've been with my insurance company for 30 years and my rates did not go up after I sued them. It was more like a lawyer insisting on some payments to me.

GDawg said:
I was definitely hurt. My driver's seat with me in it ended up flattened in the back seat. I had to sue my own insurance company to get what I couldn't get from him. But you can bet my insurance company is on his ass for repayment. I've been with my insurance company for 30 years and my rates did not go up after I sued them. It was more like a lawyer insisting on some payments to me.

well I'm glad that you were able to resolve your situation.. but I'm only 21, my insurance company could probably care less about me

stangGT97 said:
well I'm glad that you were able to resolve your situation.. but I'm only 21, my insurance company could probably care less about me

That's what lawyers are about. They aren't always the enemy. If you're hurt, talk to them and go see the doctor they recommend. It's not about a crooked doctor but about one that is used to medical treatments for accidents. Then do what the reputable lawyer says. Get what's coming to you.

GDawg said:
That's what lawyers are about. They aren't always the enemy. If you're hurt, talk to them and go see the doctor they recommend. It's not about a crooked doctor but about one that is used to medical treatments for accidents. Then do what the reputable lawyer says. Get what's coming to you.

Sound advice. I only hope I won't have to use it any time soon :)

I got rearended by a long bus once. I was waiting at a light, the driver said he couldnt see the red light. At the time I was driving a car that was worth $500. So I guess they didnt want me to sue, so they offered me $4500. I wasnt hurt, but my cars rearend was completely pushed in. So I took the offer, pulled out my trunk, and saved the money. Glad to see your OK. Good Luck.

GDawg said:
i'm doing the same thing...the idiot that totalled my lexus was under insured so i have to sue my own insurance company to cover my losses...