I HATE COPS!!!!!!!!!! *Long Rant*

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseywan

Apr 7, 2006
Chicago, IL
Ok, so I tried calling all my friends cause I just had to vent, but no one picked up so I have to vent on here!

Every single cop I have ever known (professionally or personally) was a lying, God-tripped, ego-centered piece of garbage!!!!

So I find an classified add on an unnamed forum for an almost complete black intererior out of 1992 GT and it's in cherry, cherry condition for $425 picked up and it's only about 3 hours from me. (he also had it listed on eBay)

So I contact they guy and he tells me to send him my phone number so he can call me. He calls me, and after asking him some questions and getting some detailed info and him telling me I'm the first to contact him on it, I tell him that I will 100% commit to buying the full interior and that I will drive down ASAP. I tell him I can send him a complete Paypal payment or a partial down payment or whatever he wants.

He then tells me he will for sure sell to me and he is 100% committed to selling it to me and there is no need for a down payment as long as I bring cash to pick it up and will consider it sold and end the eBay auction for it. He even said word for word:

"Dan, I'm not an ass, I'm a State Trooper and a stand-up guy and I'm not going to go and sell it to someone else . . . and I will end the eBay auction."

I also ask him if I can program the number he called me on into my phone book and contact him on it, and he says yes. So I tell him I'll contact him shortly with a date within the next week when I can drive down and we leave it at that.

So then I get on my eBay on Sunday morning and notice that he still has not ended the auction and there's only a couple hours left and it's at like $350. So I call him to see if I can get a hold of him and just leave him a message saying:

"Hi, I guess you forgot to end the auction on eBay, so I'm going to put a bid on it just to make sure you don't get some guy on eBay pissed off at you, but if I have to bid over $425 I'm gonna hold you to our original deal of $425."

So I bid on it a few times within the last minute and get outbid. So I call him back and leave him another message saying:

"I bid a few times but didn't bid high enough and got outbid, so I don't know what you wanna do, but I'm telling you right now if you back out and screw me over I will be pissed."

24 hours goes by and I don't hear from him so I call him again the next day and say:

"Look man, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt right now and maybe you're just working or haven't got my messages, but I would expect a guy who says he's a police officer to be a stand up guy and stick to his word, call me back."

Try call him a few more times that day with no success and another 24 hours goes by and I leave him another message this morning saying:

"I'm beginning to think you're ignoring my calls man and screwing me over, but I could be totally wrong and you just haven't gotten my messages yet. But if you're going to screw me over at least have the balls to call and tell me so, I would expect a cop to at least do that. And if it's about the money, I would be willing to give you $500 for everything."

I try call several more times with no luck and finally call several times in a row and get him to pick up. At first he tries to play dumb and not remember me, then I said:

"Man, just tell me what you are going to do - are you going to sell it to me or to the other guy on eBay??"

Then he says, "Well I'll tell you what I'm going to do, I'm NOT honoring our agreement and I'm going to sell to the guy on eBay!"

He then goes on and on and tries to pull all this BS about how we had no agreement and how he said he "might" end the eBay auction and sell to me and there was no commitment there. And trying to down talk me and convince me he is a stand up guy and a bunch of BS!

I would not have been so mad if would not have lied through his teeth, so by this I'm just steaming and I said word for word:

"You know what, it's my fault, I should have known better than to trust a PIG!!"

Well, that really got him worked up and he starts to tell me how I've done nothing but harass him and all my voicemails have been threatening and he tells me he's opening a class 3 misdemeanor felony for harassment or some bull crap.

"So I said, you do whatever you feel like you gotta do to help you sleep at night, this conversation is over!"

And I hung up!!

Anyway, it just pisses me off how so many cops think that just because they are cops they are "stand up guys" no matter what they do or who they screw!! And you do one thing to piss them off they think they can rip your world apart!

Edit: I am in no way saying that all cops are like this, just saying that every cop I have ever know is like this.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry to hear about that, are you in a very stressed city area? Usually happens around those area due to social stressing factors.
Good luck on finding another one though!

I fail to see what this has to do with Police Officers in general? If this guy were a Taxi driver and pulled this same stunt with you, would you hate all Cab drivers as well? Him being a police officer had nothing to do with it.

Was he a jerk for not being upfront with you about choosing not to end the auction....certainly! Should he have told you he changed his mind and decided to go with the highest bidder?....absolutely! Is he in any way obligated to sell it to you for your previously agreed price without your leaving a deposit as a down payment when someone else was willing to pay more for it?.........nope!

To be honest, things didn't seem to get really ugly until YOU stepped over the line and made fun of his profession by calling him a pig. That's you being childish about the whole thing and trying to purposely get under his skin. Everyone has the right to change their mind, and if you called me insistently half a dozen times within the span of a day, demanded to pay the price that "you" deemed fair for "my" property, then threw a fit when you didn't get your way, I'd probably threaten you with legal action too. :shrug:

Suck it up, curb that misplaced anger and make sure to jump on the next deal that comes around instead of taking a person by their word!

damn dude, talk about a real ****head. I hate idiots.

Quote:
"You know what, it's my fault, I should have known better than to trust a PIG!!"

Thats ******* awesome:rlaugh:

But good luck finding another interior dude, that deal really went sour

Ah well after checking out your user profile, I see that you guys are just kids. I should have pretty much expected your level of maturity to dictate your response.

Have at it then....**** the pigs, **** them all!!!! :rolleyes: ;)

I fail to see what this has to do with Police Officers in general? If this guy were a Taxi driver and pulled this same stunt with you, would you hate all Cab drivers as well? Him being a police officer had nothing to do with it.

Was he a jerk for not being upfront with you about choosing not to end the auction....certainly! Should he have told you he changed his mind and decided to go with the highest bidder?....absolutely! Is he in any way obligated to sell it to you for your previously agreed price without your leaving a deposit as a down payment when someone else was willing to pay more for it?.........nope!

To be honest, things didn't seem to get really ugly until YOU stepped over the line and made fun of his profession by calling him a pig. That's you being childish about the whole thing and trying to purposely get under his skin. Everyone has the right to change their mind, and if you called me insistently half a dozen times within the span of a day, demanded to pay the price that "you" deemed fair for "my" property, then threw a fit when you didn't get your way, I'd probably threaten you with legal action too. :shrug:

Suck it up, curb that misplaced anger and make sure to jump on the next deal that comes around instead of taking a person by their word!

+1

that sucks man, it's happened to me before. I've learned this lesson already, don't EVER take a person by their word, even if they are the most trusting, honest person you've ever known. everyone's out to better themselves and their situations, not yours. fwiw, i probably would have done the same thing you did. :p not because he's a cop, but because i can't STAND liars! especially when they're lying to your face and you know it and THEY know you know it but they do it anyway. :bang: :bang:

i think he is justified by his reaction for getting screwed, and im supporting him because it has happened to me before to. And to add to this the guy was a police officer, you would think he could at least be honest and upfront with him.

And im not saying **** all cops...obviously there are good ones out there but there are bad ones to. This one just happened happened to be the ladder:(

well if he had the auction going and u got out bidded, thats like a contract he has to sell it to the person that WON... Yeah it sucks, because he didnt end the auction and kept his word and sell it to u... but if i kept it going and someone else won i would sell it to the person that won it... What are u going to tell the person that won it? I promised someone this item instead, and that person that bid on it **** out of luck...

the guy is a dick... im sure u will find a better deal

Ok, it's been a few hours and I've cooled off now and can think a little more rationally...

Yeah, I know he had no obligation or written agreement to sell to me and I should have gotten one through email that day, but it honestly would not have been a huge deal to me if he would have just called to tell me he was not selling to me, been up front, and not lied about everything. I didn't lose my temper till he started lying to me and going off on me! Things got out of hand when I said to him "thanks for screwing me over", cause that's when he started ranting and all.

I have learned my lesson now, I can't always take a person's word. From now on I will be getting written agreements for things like this.

I know I was a jerk to him, but I'm sorry, I have an eBay business and give people my word all the time with issues like this and am always good for it. So it just pisses me to no end when people cannot not honor their word and lie through their teeth about everything. I hate liars!!!

About hating cops... this could have been anyone, but I'm just saying that every cop I have ever know has been exactly like this and you would think that I guy who is a cop SHOULD be exactly the opposite, but hey that's life.

but if i kept it going and someone else won i would sell it to the person that won it... What are u going to tell the person that won it? I promised someone this item instead, and that person that bid on it **** out of luck...

I have been in that situation more than once before because I stupidly forgot to end and auction. I sucked it up, and stood true to my word and just explained to the guy on eBay. I expected negative, but fortunately he was understanding.

Anyway, like I said, I'm cooled off and done ranting. I was just so erked before and couldn't get ahold of anyone on the phone I had to tell someone, sorry.

He did no wrong in my book you never gave him any money to hold it. How ever you did what could be called harass the guy by calling hm 72 times. Every one knows if you make a cash offer you go that day.. I would of sold it over your head too..

Dude you live in chicago I live in Indiana PM me my buddy has a interior shop and he'll paint your interior for probalbly less than that.. and just for the record guess what I used to do for a living...:rolleyes: But seriously if interested PM me

later

I don't know where you guys are getting that I called him "72 times a day". I said I called him several times a day, meaning I left him 1 voicemail a day for 3 days in a row and called him once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening. Except for this afternoon when I called once in the morning and again in the afternoon 3 times in a row and he answered the 3rd time.

He also gave me his phone number and told me I can reach him that almost any time. Don't know how that counts as harrassment if he never told me to stop calling.

Anyway, end of story. It's behind me and I want to get it off my mind.

Dude you live in chicago I live in Indiana PM me my buddy has a interior shop and he'll paint your interior for probalbly less than that.. and just for the record guess what I used to do for a living...:rolleyes: But seriously if interested PM me

later

Sorry if I offended you man, seriously.

I'd rather not paint or dye the interior cause it's kind of not in the best shape now (not show quality anyway), and I've heard a few bad stories about painting or dying not looking so great after few years.

However, I am looking to get my rear seat top and bottom re-upholstered in leather and maybe some custom plastic grafting. Does he do stuff like that, and where exactly is he?

I don't know where you guys are getting that I called him "72 times a day". I said I called him several times a day, meaning I left him 1 voicemail a day for 3 days in a row and called him once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening. Except for this afternoon when I called once in the morning and again in the afternoon 3 times in a row and he answered the 3rd time.

He also gave me his phone number and told me I can reach him that almost any time. Don't know how that counts as harrassment if he never told me to stop calling.

Anyway, end of story. It's behind me and I want to get it off my mind.

I can't believe most of what I just read. I'd be pissed off just like you are. Aside from the, "all cops" thing, I completely understand what you're saying, and you've already explained that you don't really think all cops are like this guy. I'd expect the guy to stick to his word with or without a down payment if he turned down your offer for a down payment.

In the end, you're no worse off than when you started... so move on, and buy from someone worth your time. Good luck.

Word of advice. Something is NOT SOLD unless its in your hand and you've paid for it. Regardless if you said i want it i'll take it. Its only yours when you pay for it. Yes he sold it out from under you. Tough ****! You'll get over it. Its first come first serve deal. Most people will not wait a week to sell something when they have a guy that is willing to pay cash TODAY. Its just how it goes buddy. I also think that is BS what he did. I'd never do it, but people do and thats how it is.:notnice: You also have a very bad attitude towards the cops, not the smartest thing of all things.

Thats a $hitty situation man....i feel bad for ya. Dont listen to these other guys who are giving you crap about it.

Sure you could have handled the situation better. But when you find a really good deal for your car, and i know we have all been there, its hard to not think about it and make careless decisions.

I know some really good cops...my uncle is a boston police officer and at the same time i know some complete d-bags who dont deserve the power they have. There are cops who are in the business for the right reasons...and then there are a lot who are in it for the wrong ones. Tough luck...i think you learned your lesson though!

Status
Not open for further replies.