I just bought a Bullitt!

I have a week left at my dealer as a engine repair tech. I decided to trade in my 2007 GT/CS for a 2008 Bullitt! I swapped the BX Bassani Mufflers and Sportline lowering springs to the Bullitt after it got detailed!
Weird how the Bullitt sounds totally different than the GT/CS with the same mufflers. The sportlines also dropped the Bullitt 1/2 inch more than the GT/CS...The Bullitt sounds VERY VERY DEEP NOW.

• Sponsors (?)

Cool. :nice:

You should post of vid or pic.

I think the difference in sound may be due to the air intake on the bullitt. My GT totally changed sound when I switched to the C&L CAI. With the stock intake, there was a lot of wooshing from the stock intake straining to get enough air. That is gone with the C&L, so the exhaust sounds louder. At least that is my theory. It does sound more beastly with the C&L though, something I did not expect.

My Bullitt snapshots

Still needs a lot of cleaning...
bullitt003.jpg

bullitt002.jpg

bullitt001.jpg

Attachments

• bullitt003.jpg
    bullitt003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 54
  • bullitt002.jpg
    bullitt002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 61
  • bullitt001.jpg
    bullitt001.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 57
Great car, i hope you like it. i just bought a black 09 about 2 weeks ago. I really like the car. how does it compare to your last mustang. I would love to hear more about the bassani. im going to change my exhaust also. i had thought about bassani, but now im thinking about stingers, i just cant make my mind up. i want it to be louder, but i also like the bullitt sound.

josh

Before I removed the stock Bullitt mufflers I did a few "sound" checks (reving and driving). I remember on the way home i noticed the Bullitt sounded totally different that the regular GT with stock mufflers and with the BX Bassani street cans!
When i was installing the Bassani mufflers i noticed the H pipe crossover tube was a lot bigger that the GTs stock H pipe crossover!
I completed the install, started the car and the BULLITT sound was still there sounding louder and DEEPER!!!
I think the H pipe and intake is making the distinctive BULLITT sound IMO.