I need some advice..

dutch5.0

Feb 6, 2009
Netherlands
ok, background story; I've had this car for just over 1 year now and I'm already trying to sell it for several reasons.

- I love white cars, so I'd like to find a white stang, but this is nitpicking really
- I don't really like the way my car handles, it's always straining at the leash. It's wandering all over the place on the highway, tramlining, and I just don't feel very confident.
- Something is FUBAR in the driveline, the shifter rattles like a mofo if I get above 3000rpm in 3rd/4th and at the very top of 2nd (app 60 mph)
- most importantly, I'm pretty much limited to close to 300rwhp. This is because I can't get a dynotune in Europe and I refuse to tune it myself. I've contacted Lasota racing and he's able to give me a mail order tune for a trickflow top end kit, but that's as close as I can get to a dyno tune.

Now here's the problem; I can't sell this car right now. Times are tough and I've had no real interested people for it since November, even though I'm asking a really low price.

I'm going to try some new u-joints to fix the rattling, if not; the gearbox probably needs replacing/rebuilding. :shrug:

I'm going to try and fix the dodgy handling by getting some MM Rear LCA's and 03 cobra front A-arms.

Which leaves me with the power department and the part where I need most of your advice...

Who here has a similar h/c/i 5.0 with app 300rwhp? And does this satisfy your daily needs? Is anything over 300 just useless on a daily driven vehicle?

Really my question is; would I be satisfied with this car if I can fix the handling and power... :shrug: I'm aware that this is a stupid question because you don't know me or my car and what I expect from it. I'm just caught between this rock and a hard place; keeping this one or finding something else...

(for the record, the car I'm eyeballing is a white '96 cobra. I would overhaul the suspension, exhaust, and put a KB on it and be done)

• Sponsors (?)

Won't putting the KB on the 4.6 require a tune as well? I understand it's obd 2 but you'll still need some custom tuning to make everything run right

Have you driven a 4.6? Just ensure you know what you're getting into before you sell the 5.0 :nice:

Haven't driven a 4v yet, rode in a termi but that's apples and oranges.

KB comes with everything you need, that's why I like it. No tune required, comes with a chip. Just have to change the exhaust to a note I like and be done on the power department.

I think you will be happy with the car if you do some minor stuff. I don't see making the investment in changing cars is really necessary. If you fix the U-joints you will be good. You don't NEED a dyno tune for anything. You can get mail order chips that will make the car very driveable. If you go to JMS Chip & Performance Center, and tell them what you have, they can set you up with something that will make your car work well. Keep in mind, a dynotune only adjusts the power of the car at full throttle. It doesn't have anything to do with driveability. Tuners have to make those adjustments from experience. From that aspect, a mail order chip is no different from dyno burned chip.

Kurt

Do some of the fixes you were talking about, then drive and enjoy the car.

The "road wanders" might be able to be fixed with a good alignment.

You already have the car, that's the biggest piece to the puzzle, now all you have to do every now and then are some minor tweaks and repairs(after all 94/95's are 15+ years old).

Keep it and make the small fixes in my o. To answer your question, yes, I did not need to go big c.i. When looking back .. it was fun to drive without the h/c/i and the sound was perfect the way it was. .. needed some gears like 3.90's..for good hwy 5th gear pulling seemed to be perfect with the T-5. Your car:

Its a mustang, its a great looking car, its putting out about 350HP with GREAT low end TQ, its comfortable. Save your money. There will always be a faster car. Look at the new mustang V6, it puts out 305HP which is competition for a stock LS1 v8 now and more HP than the LT1 put out..and the same the 4.6v8 DOHC ! So now, even those v8's are outdated.