Ideal 5 lug front setup?

mike93lx

May 22, 2003
Hudson, MA
I know there are a million threads about 5 lug swaps, but I wanted to get some recommendations, mainly from people that have performed the swap, as to what the ideal front end setup for a 5 lug swap is.

what year to get parts from? is there an aftermarket kit that is superior?

put cost aside, what would you use if you did it all over again?

• Sponsors (?)

Ideal setup is one of the SN95-style 13" setups. There are a few varieties, but it's about the best mainstream brake design you can put on your Mustang.

Cost asides would I do it again?? Hell yes! Worth every cent.

My parts came from new sources, used sources, junkyards and ebay. Had to dig around. I have a full Cobra 13" front 11.65" rear setup.

There are aftermarket kits out there, but they are mostly on par with the Cobra setup. In fact, most use the same front brake setup except for their company logos and $1000 more.

if you haven't read this, it's a good read
www.sn95brakes.com

Ideal setup is one of the SN95-style 13" setups. There are a few varieties, but it's about the best mainstream brake design you can put on your Mustang.

Cost asides would I do it again?? Hell yes! Worth every cent.

My parts came from new sources, used sources, junkyards and ebay. Had to dig around. I have a full Cobra 13" front 11.65" rear setup.

There are aftermarket kits out there, but they are mostly on par with the Cobra setup. In fact, most use the same front brake setup except for their company logos and $1000 more.

if you haven't read this, it's a good read
www.sn95brakes.com

hell yes man.....exact same setup......would do it again in a heartbeat.

getting ready to start mine as soon as i move into my house.

sn-95 front spindles
moser stock lenght 28 pline axles out back.(reason beeing is that i want to run a 9-10" rim out back?
gonna run drum brakes out back for now until i get some more money.

DONT BUY LINCOLN ROTORS THERE A WASTE OF MONEY CAUSE THEY DONT FIT HALF THE RIMS!!