If they would only make the challenger concept WITHOUT screwing it up, I'll buy it

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
Well I loved the '05 Stang Concept but I think the production '05 is a big fat swamp donkey. I had zero urge to buy one.

So here we go again, the challenger concept is awesome and they'll actually deliver it with the big HEMI which is a huge bonus over the new stang. I'll sell my current stang and buy one if they can only build the production version without making it FUGLY.

Anyone else?

• Sponsors (?)

MustangGTCoupConcept02.jpg

MustangGTCoupConcept07.jpg

MustangGTCoupConcept10.jpg

you know the funny thing is that this concept vehicle is not too far off from what the car looks like stock... but the small things they did to the front of the vehicle don't look quite as good in production...

and the rear of the car they just screwed the pooch on compared to this car!!!

However, all in all, I still like the looks of the 05's :shrug: I just like the concept better :hail2:

I have'nt read anything yet that says this Challenger is only gonna be a 1 year run or anything, so I guess that means it will be a yearly car? If so, the prices for it might actually be reasonable as compared to the rape prices of the Shelby. I think the Challenger will be a $40K minimum price.

Tough choice between the Challenger and new Camaro. Unless Ford actually releases a real engine in its reasonably priced mustangs by then.

The concept stang looks almost like the GT500.

DocG2828 said:
Tough choice between the Challenger and new Camaro. Unless Ford actually releases a real engine in its reasonably priced mustangs by then.

The concept stang looks almost like the GT500.

Like a N/A 5.4, that'd be hot, mostly likely a more tuned b.s. 3v 4.6 though for the GT.

Though I like the looks of the new Camaro, if I was in the market for a new car I'd def get the Challenger as long as it was close to the concept, **** looks hawt.

challenger.crowd.2.500.jpg

stangGT97 said:
seriously dude... I'd bang 2nd in that car once, and then pull into AAMCO for a transmission rebuild

svttech76 said:
I would think of buying on if it was not a dodge... those cars give me rashes.. I am alergic to them.

:rolleyes:

We're you both born in '85 or just one of you? I'm sure you've both had plenty of ownership experience with Chryslers! :rolleyes:

I'd buy one bofore I bought a 05+Stang

Ford better start working on a V-8 for the Mustang that makes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than 300 hp N/A, and costs less than 35k.

The new Challenger is going to sell like hotcakes if the produce it to look like the concept.

I'm a Ford employee, and I'd buy one in a second!

I think the older 70's Dodge Challengers look alot better
than the new concept Challenger.The body style of the
concept Challenger really isn't all that bad.The huge 22" clown shoe wheels and tires look horrible though.

Bugman.dave said:
No offence, but you buy it then,... I suppose when you get right down to it though, it's still a matter of taste and what pleases you.
I will if it looks more like the concept and not like a charger when all is said and done. I would have bought an 05 Mustang if it looked more like the concept...but it doesn't.