If you had $2,000

• Sponsors (?)

It's not that he doesn't know how to do it, but is not allowed in the neighborhood he lives in to be able to work on his car. It sucks, it really isn't his fault that he can't work on his car. I have spanked every 4.6 I have gone against in my notch so I would say no to the 4.6.

he didnt say they were fast:D

haha that was funny

Honestly, i think youve got the wrong car if you cant do the work yourself. I mean, if youve got a buddy with a shop, and he could help you out, thatd be one thing. But to bring go-fast stuff into a shop to have them install a new H/C/I/E or something would cost a fortune.

If it were me - since im mechanically inclined - I'd go buy $1000 of tools and an explorer engine. Use whatevers left for the gaskets, oil filter + oil, and other BS. LEARN TO DO IT YOURSELF

If youre not mechanically inclined - sell it and get a 4.6???

like the other dude said. its not that i don't want to do it myself. I'll get introuble if i try. I live in an associated neighbor hood. I put my exhaust headers on by myself and almost got introuble. I can't imagine what they'll do when they see me all greasy and half my engine on the ground in the parking lot.

I don't have alot of tools either. I don't think my frist attempt should be by myself. as far as friends go I got none that i know well enought to ask them to have my car at their house for a few days taking up their garage.

Lightly used Vortech S-trim and beer for a friend, so I can use his garage to do the install. :nice:

seriously guys if i could save money and do it myself i would. I want my car not a 4.6. not another fox. I want to work on my car but are not allowed. And even if i could or had a friend with a house i don't know if i have the time to dedicate the wrenching it would take to complete the job in a timely manner.

image8.jpg

guess there is alot to ponder

you already have and exaust system and some bolt ons i would find a used set of aluminum heads and get a used peformance cam u might make it with the 2 grand if not im going with Hookers and Blow:shrug:

I'd bet the cheapest bang-for-your-buck way to go about it, including labor rates, would be a used A-trim. There are times I wish I'd gone back to my stock-headed, under-pullied A-trimmed car that just had an aftermarket intake/tb/MAF. It made for a very fun street car.

A head job ought to cost more at a shop than a blower install if they're going by hourly rates.

Funny you say that, because that is when my car was most streetable and a BLAST Dave. You are sooooo correct. I will actually side with this post if your goal is to just have a blast. With that combo and 6 lbs of boost I put down 297 RWHP and it was soooo much fun :nice: