if you had $300???????????

if u had $300 to spend on performance parts what would you buy?? pretty much what im asking is what is the best thing you can do to your car performance wise for $300??:shrug: what is the cheapest/easiest way to gain power..im on a budget but like everyone else i want more out of my car....

• Sponsors (?)

Bone stock car?

First thing.....Full length sub frame connectors, then Strut tower brace, followed by shifter. That'll eat up your $300 (and slightly more) pretty well.

what exactly do you mean by ''shifter''????
and with the connectors..bolt on or weld on???
i found a nice steeda brace i want for like $160???
my problem is i dont know what the prices should be around and i dont wanna get ripped off because im the only one that dont know where to find the cheapest prices on quality parts

what exactly do you mean by ''shifter''????
and with the connectors..bolt on or weld on???
i found a nice steeda brace i want for like $160???
my problem is i dont know what the prices should be around and i dont wanna get ripped off because im the only one that dont know where to find the cheapest prices on quality parts
By shifter, I meant transmission shifter. But that was before I read you'd already had one in your signature. As for the frame connectors. Weld in...always weld in. Bolt on frame connectors aren't worth a damn.

$160 for a new strut tower brace isn't bad. If it's used, I'd keep shopping. I just got a nice used Kenny Brown Strut tower brace from a member on here for $70 shipped to my door. There are deals out there, you hust have to keep your eye out for them.

By shifter, I meant transmission shifter. But that was before I read you'd already had one in your signature. As for the frame connectors. Weld in...always weld in. Bolt on frame connectors aren't worth a damn.

$160 for a new strut tower brace isn't bad. If it's used, I'd keep shopping. I just got a nice used Kenny Brown Strut tower brace from a member on here for $70 shipped to my door. There are deals out there, you hust have to keep your eye out for them.

no its not used its brand new from steeda..and the connectors are a sure thing right? i mean ill notice a difference in handeling? what exactly are they for? if you happen to see any braces for a deal let me know please

A used 73mm or 76mm C&L mass air meter = $80
March underdrive Power & Amp pullies = $80 from Summit

Save yourself another $80 and spend the rest on getting your lower intake ported by Tom Moss.

This will give you a very noticeable increase in horsepower and throttle reponse.

A used 73mm or 76mm C&L mass air meter = $80
March underdrive Power & Amp pullies = $80 from Summit

Save yourself another $80 and spend the rest on getting your lower intake ported by Tom Moss.

This will give you a very noticeable increase in horsepower and throttle reponse.

my car is not a mass air car..i think the motor is from 87 it used to be a 4 banger.. you talkin about havin the stock lower ported? how much would that run about?

yea i been lookin like crazy..went to 3 different yards today in 2 states..haha hard to find a 5.0 explorer..but im not gonna give up

I was at the LKQ (pick and pull) just south of Grand Rapids yesterday. They had a V8 Explorer that still had the motor intact. I Believe you can get the heads and intake for about 150 total (last time I checked their prices). Just FYI

my car is not a mass air car..i think the motor is from 87 it used to be a 4 banger.. you talkin about havin the stock lower ported? how much would that run about?

Send a PM to member Tmoss. He'll fill you in. But wait until you decide what you're doing about the heads. He will match the intake to the heads you use. It will make a very noticeable difference in how the engine breathes.

if you dont plan on spending alot of money on the car i would look at the gt40p or gt40 heads off an explorer, and an explorer intake. they will get you 35-40 hp cheaply. but once you get into making some real power it just snowballs. once your making more power your drivetrain will need some help. i have spent a decent ammount of cash on my car just getting it ready for a twin turbo kit that i am building. and the car isnt much faster than when i started but the drivetrain is slowly getting where i want it before i throw the hp at it. what good is 500hp if it doesent make it to the ground? i know its more fun to have 500hp, but how long till somthing behind the motor snaps? just my opinion. right now i have 260hp to the wheels and that is enough for now. just some bolt ons and the gt40p setup.