if you put a non aftercooled blower on, respond!

Defleshed

Satanic Mechanic
Nov 30, 2003
In Torment, In Hell
Alright as you might or might not know from talking to me, I'm shooting for 400RWHP, give or take a little bit (though i'd be happier if i were given more :nice: ) .

It's become obvious now, that the fastest and cheapest (cheapest being the more important term) way to hit my goal is via a supercharger. I really just dont have the money for head porting, stroking, cams and stall converter, and ect... So I'm coming down to the wire now, on what type of blower to buy, exactly....

I'm thinking either a Paxton NOVI 1000 or a Vortech V-1 S Trim (V-1 because i perfer loud :D ). Both NON AFTERCOOLED!
KB is out of the question, and frankly, I'm a little scared to get a ProCharger (what with all the horror stories I've heard)

Now, the Paxton and the Vortech models are within 150 bucks of each other... So thats no problem.
Most people I've talked to with each system swear by em, and not to mention, try to talk me into getting one or the other. :rolleyes:

So, my question is, when YOU put YOUR NON AFTER COOLED blower on, what were your dyno results? (please lemme know if you had any other aftermarket parts installed, and what they were)

I'm hearing from both the manufactorers (Paxton and Vortech) websites, and retailers, total power of around 360ish on a STOCK SETUP. Now, that's the manufactorers claim, and by now i've learned now to always trust such claims, that's why I'm asking real people what their real gains were.

Anyway, as of now, I've got a 75mm T/B, C&L upper plenum, full SLP exhaust system including full length ceramic headers, steeda UD pulleys, steeda timing adjuster... If i get the vortech, I'll also look into the "steeda boost pipe" (anyone have comments on it??) And regardless of the blower, I plan to get a top-quality tune. If I'm still not around 400RWHP with a blower and the mods listed above, I won't be very happy. What do you think?

The car is a 2002 Mustang GT Coupe Auto Trans.

I want to say thanks a TON in advance for any help provided!

Your friend who desperatly needs to be blown (haha)
-Defleshed

• Sponsors (?)

If your gonna get a novi get a novi 2000, but out of your 2 choices i choose the s-trim @ 10lbs of boost. With your exhaust you should be able to get 380-410 rwhp and about 380-390 rwtq. You'll need a 42 lb injectors, steeda pumps or 03 cobra pumps, 80mm maf, or 90lmaf, or pro-m 77 maf. Your choise of tuning, i suggest sct or efi solutions.

You can get the whole kit you need from cobra killer for $3800-$4000

One of my old combos on a 03 GT......

S Trim-10 psi
AFM Powerpipe
Bullitt Intake
Magnaflow cat x pipe
Magnaflow cat back
42 lb injectors
Stock maf

Made 437 rwhp/404 rwtq

I've also had a Procharger, T Trim, JT Trim, Nitrous, & now a KB on this car so if you have a question about one of those I may be able to help lol.

Kidd did you decide to keep your car or did you go ahead and sell it. Last I heard you were selling it and when they put the kb kit they could only see 9psi with a 14 lb pulley. I guess your heads were just to ported. I wish you would have kept the jt-trim and got the hogan intake and sprayed a 150 shot on top of that. You would have been no doubt the fastest 2 valve street car.

Josh

It's still for sale.

We knew going into the KB that we would never see 14 psi with the 2 3/8" pulley bc of my heads so it was no surprise really and to be honest 500 rwhp is more than enough for a street car. When I had 663 rwhp with the T Trim I never even saw close to it's potential on the street. It was a fun combo though.

The JT Trim opened up a whole new can of worms that I didn't want to tackle so I decided to back the car off for the street with the KB and spray it for the rare occasion that I go to the track.

that's pretty cool, so the vortech S trim can handle 10psi w/o needing an aftercooler then? and btw, I've never worked with, or had a blown car before, so how would i go about raising the 'stock' psi from the vortech (listed at 6-8) to 10? Different pulley? if so where the heck do I get a different pully at that'll fit?

To change the lbs of boost all you have to do is change the pulley to a smaller one and maybe change the serpentine belt. Look in my sig for my mods and that's what I made at 8 psi. I assume with your exhaust set-up, 75mm TB, and upper intake plenum you will be over 400rwhp. But you DO have an automatic tranny which will rob a little more power. :(

The Steeda pulleys and timing adjuster will need to be taken off and the stock pulleys installed. As far as tuning goes, I have an Autologic chip tuned personally by Mike Murillo here in S.A. for a very safe street car. :nice:

To make your internals last longer, make sure the timing isn't set too high, your A/F ratio is safe (11.5-11.9), you're getting enough fuel,use 93 octane, and don't dog the chit out of it everyday. :)

Lawrence

400rwhp with an auto tranny......hmmmmm....I wonder how much boost your going to have to run to get that number. Considering you do have full exhaust, t/b and c/l it would be interesting to see how much boost you'd really need to run to hit 400rwhp.

cool, I forgot to mention (DOH) that i have a C&L 85MM MAF too (came with the inlet pipe and filter in a package from ebay). I don't know if that will make much difference, but it can't hurt!! oh and the timing adjustor and pulleys arent on yet, because I wasnt sure how they were going to "fit" with the blower on.

and I don't plan to drag the crap out of it every day, it's 95% street car, my daily driver, and i don't abuse it... I do plan on being on the safe side and adjusting the timing correctly, and running high octane (i already run 93 as in preperation for the blower, so I won't have like half a tank of 89 lol)

I'm just fed up with getting my ass kicked by LS1s and fearing every damn corvette... I figure 400RWHP will be good enough to kick lots of ass around here, unless it's a really done up dragster, or some random rare exotic, in which case, I wouldnt even want to drag against it.

Alright so where do I go for a smaller pulley?

352 rwhp/ 372 rwtq
Vortech S-Trim SQ
non after/inner cooled
42# injectors
Cobra Fuel System
Anderson Power Pipe
I see 10# of boost at WOT around 5800 rpms or so... I blame it on the powerpipe.
links to dyno sheets in Sig.
Tuned by Reinhart... He did as good a job as anyone tuning by mail can do. I'd recommend taking it to someone... T&J has a great reputation from those on this board, I wouldn't hesitate to go to them.
Anderson pipe won't work with a steeda reflash, if you go that route... but there is some other pipe that works... T&J have the details on that.

Firemanz said:
Your MAF will have to be recalibrated or you will have to buy a new one. You can get a smaller pulley from T&J or direct from Vortech....

great! thanks for your help... and deadlurker, I'll be sure to keep you posted on how my progress is going... Oh you can be sure of that, I'm going to probably hand out "it's a boy" cigars at work when i get my baby supercharger in the mail. I'm totally psyched! :nice: