Im gonna start riding my bicycle.....

• Sponsors (?)

:mad: I know this raising the gas price **** is getting way out of hand its like everytime something happens they raise it a little more than last time :mad:

the price for premium here in southern illinois is $3.57

I agree, it's getting ridiculous. I remember I was irked when they went to $2.00/gal but this is just stupid. Pretty soon it'll be $4 a gallon, wooooo :flag:
Oh and it was 3.25 for 87 here.

it's beyond 4 bucks a gallon here, has been for a while now... I'm shopping for a geo metro to be my daily "I don't give a f*** if it gets scratched" car. :D I've calculated with fuel savings, the car pays for itself in the first year.

3.81 for premium today.

this is the 70's all over again: History repeats itself.

1970 Big block cars making big power = Bad

2007 Corvettes, Mustangs, 500+ hp, 4cyls with 300 hp =bad

Even if we drove motorcycles--- everyone at once, cut the oil consumption in half, they would turn the valve tighter--reformulate that gas more---speculate higher.

We are all a bunch of cattle headed for the meat grinder. We have to drive to get back and forth to work, society is such that most urbanites drive 30 plus minutes to afford the houses we have, public transportation is not as our english counterparts forcing us to continue to drive. The house market is soft, rates are still higher than appreciated, sales are down and most small business are hurting because they can't afford to give raises if their costs continue to sky rocket.

There are much better ways to conserve energy in this country but if you do that, the tax money generated would not be record profits for the local and state collections.

Solar powered shingles are out now and cost about 15000 to do your average sized house and have proven to actually have the electric company credit the consumer during the summer months. What if most houses started to switch over to this alternative energy? Energy companys would have to have huge cutbacks and more people are out of work; stocks would plummit and frankly those with power aren't going to allow that to happen.

lol some idiot on the colbert report was saying that his "awsome" idea is to make the u.s. mpg average around 45. lol i was laughing my ass off just because of the fact that someone actually thinks thats possible...like car companies can just turn this dial and make their trucks get 40+...

lol some idiot on the colbert report was saying that his "awsome" idea is to make the u.s. mpg average around 45. lol i was laughing my ass off just because of the fact that someone actually thinks thats possible...like car companies can just turn this dial and make their trucks get 40+...

i know its just rediculous....trying to make the most inefficient type of "heat engine"...efficient. Cant happen:nonono: