I'm so sorry baby :(

You are gonna have to get something a little cheaper to insure such as a Prius:

Toyota_Prius008.jpg

Attachments

• Toyota_Prius008.jpg
    Toyota_Prius008.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Sponsors (?)

Yea, I'll let you guys know how much my insurance spanks me for. I'm already paying $2,600. I can see it going close to $4,000 easy.

I'm considering returning the mongoose kit to help me get through the financial stress.

This really sucks guys. I'll update this Monday with the damage assessment as well. Any guesses? Like I said, there didn't seem to be any damange to the motor. It was all radiator, and everything else you see (hood, quater panel, bumper, little damage to the driver side door from sliding into a saturn). My friend who is a big car guy said it's nowhere near totalled but he said 3-5k easy.

I'm just happy I'm okay and am sitting here right now typing this. My life is way more valueable than this car. ALthough this car WAS (and hopefully still will be) my baby.

Kilgore Trout said:
Rain and loose gravel is a major hazard especially for lowered Mustangs. It sucks so bad that this happened right in the middle of your round of major upgrades. Did the new top or new stereo take any damage?

Nah. Top to my understanding was okay as was the stereo. Silver lining I guess. :p

Was moving my car in the lot to a closer spot as I wasn't driving home. I had 5 beers in me over the course of 4 hours. I just didn't want to drive. So I pulled my car around, was going into the turn, gave it too much gas and dropped the clutch too fast. Back end kicked out, I smashed the brake and fully dropped the clutch which lunged the car forward...in the wrong direction.

Now please stop making me relive it. I'm already enough mad at myself. :(

I did a 180 today while making a left hand turn. Fortunately it was at 6:30 in the morning so there was almost no traffic. I just casually u-turned it then re-passed the cars that were behind me in the turn lane.

O man I am sorry to hear you got in a accident that
sucks I hope everything works out for you and you
can get your car fixed.
If you have no engine damage you should be able to fix
the damage.Depending on what shop you go to that could be an easy 4-6K worth of damage.

Hey Man glad to hear your allright, and from an expirence point of view i know what your going through, my old roomate side swiped a mini van and caused about 5500 in damage, then a couple of months ago i bailed into a cement pillar going to work.. i just cant wait to get my ride back, ha ill have put it in a glass case and use for emergencies only.. but man i miss that thing, and with all that my mod plans have been put on hold, which is cool gives me more time to figure out what i want..and i pay about 2300 for 6 months of insurance with that car and my trans am, so i know the feeling!! it will all work itself out..... wait to see how bad the damage is before you return the mongoose kit!

Yeah, I totaled my 99 in May, Hit some loose gravel while making a simple
U-turn, the rpm's shot up high, then the wheels caught traction and launched
my car head on into a gaurd rail. So now I have an 04, with traction control.
I have not turned it off as of yet, and have done no burnouts.
TC is :nice:

V_Eight said:
Maybe you shouldn't get a supercharger if you can't even handle an N/A 4.6.

It wasn't about handling the car. It was mainly about road conditions and just crap ass luck.

I'm waiting to see how much damage is done and how much my insurance will go up. Really stinks! :mad: