Impressions on water injection (AIS KIT)

kuwait

Mar 31, 2005
let me start by stating how hot it is around in Kuwait , at this time of year the degree is around 105 under shade and will continue to increase till it reach far into 122 in august , i tuned my car back at winter and it started pinging slightly since climate got more and more warmer.

so i have installed a Meth/water only i couldn't find any methanol at hand yet so i decided to toy around with the car and test IATs while i wait for the methanol to arrive, so i am running pure distilled water injection.

at first i was skeptic how would this be any beneficial to the car , spraying water mist pre-compressor here is a picture of how its hooked.

10315.imgcache.jpg

but i was amazed on how well this system works , i can feel the car pull way harder , there is no pinging to the slightest , i datalogged the IATs and i will be posting them with a video of the runs.

i gained 1 psi at around 5700 Rpms and the car pulls all the much better , for a mock up (i put in the smallest nozzle because you need a small nozzle for distilled water only) setup this is a good gain , cant wait to get the methanol in , but distilled water isn't half bad :) .

the kit is very much well made , was very impressed about how well its packaged and how fool proof it was to install , my setup is bit stealthy but i did so because there was little space to hook up under the hood , more pictures when i get time tomorrow so you get what i mean :)

more info coming soon , if there are people interested in knowing more.

• Sponsors (?)

I live in palm springs and the temp is identical to where you are. I'm surprised you had some problems. Granted I have meth now due to the fact I'm boosting 14lbs or so but even when I didn't I never ever had an issue in the hottest months. Only other thing I did was run water wetter. Glad you found something that's working for you :nice:

I live in palm springs and the temp is identical to where you are. I'm surprised you had some problems. Granted I have meth now due to the fact I'm boosting 14lbs or so but even when I didn't I never ever had an issue in the hottest months. Only other thing I did was run water wetter. Glad you found something that's working for you :nice:

i am running 11 non-cooled at the moment , depending on weather it used to ping after few runs(back to back and being completely heat-soak) or when it was really hot outside , this is a cheap insurance compared to intercoolers that actually rub you some psi , and for the simplicity of installation and not having to buy a 300ish bypass valve , this is much better, overall happy with the product and thought id share my thoughts. :)

will post more info and results when i get the meth around :flag: