Improving brakes

My only experience lies with Baer, so I can't recommend other options.

However, I couldn't be more pleased with my setup. My brakes don't have a power booster, and I don't feel I need one; my wife drives the car, and she has no problem with the manual brakes.

My full kit, which was front Track & rear Touring, cross-drilled, slotted, zinc-washed, and powder coated black, and everything needed for the install except fluid, was a little under $2400 delivered. I bought directly from Baer. Good service, no complaints. However, when I bought mine they didn't have everything in stock, so I had to wait a couple weeks before they shipped...and they still billed my credit card right away.
Good luck.

• Sponsors (?)

snail50 due you have any problems with the cross drilled and slotted rotors. On my beetle with drilled and slotted rotors I noticed the chamfer holes were begining to crack. So for my stang I'm staying with slotted only for the pad gasing effect but not drilling due to the weight of the car.

calpolymustang said:
a lot of people seem to go toward the granada route, but im curious about the stock disc setup? is there anything wrong with the original kelsey hayes 4-piston setup with 11" rotors? i dont hear of many people using a stock setup

ill agree that the 13"s are probably more powerful and better for racing, but im not looking for a racing setup... just a good weekend cruiser setup to stop well

The original 4 piston setup is rare and replacement parts are very expensive. I've heard that they tend to bind.

the Granada Swap gives you a street OEM setup that has great availability of parts at very reasonable cost. To answer the question of parts cost, I sell a complete kit including a beutifully refurbished set of spindles and everything else needed except the hard lines (18 pc hardware kit, bearings, seals, hoses, calipers, rotors, pads, proportioning valve with pressure valve, a new master cylinder) . Everything new except the spindles and professionally refubished calipers. My price is $575 + S&H, $435 if you buy your own calipers, pads, and rotors . See my ebay feedback (degins). I have about 10 sets left, the raw spindle sets from junkyards are getting hard to find.