in a pickle

blackink00

I missed a shift & stole Curt's money.
Mar 30, 2005
Tempe, AZ
i need help finding a fuel pump for my car. its a 98 GT and that was a bastered year in fuel for mustang. the one from ford racing was discontinued and i cant find anyone that makes a aftermarket one for it. i need some solutions to this problem. thanks :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

just run the cobra pump.(98 of course), It alone should be enough for your n20, and a K.B. b.a.p. on top of that would definatly be enough. Heck for the power you are making, a stock pump plus a b.a.p. will be enough.

will the cobra pump fit on mine? also i'm going to be doing the P&P PI heads with some stage 2 cams so i will need like a 190+lph pump. the stocker is having issues so i dont wanna replace it with stock again

Dude, A cobra pump + an inline + a b.a.p. can support 500hp w/o issue. Anymore than that, and even the 99+gt's cars have to do a complete fuel system upgrade.
People still think old schol about the 98's when in reality we have many options avail.

I'll get the part # for you but the Vortech 255 pump for a 98 GT plugs right in and fits in the basket without any modifications! Summit carrys them for $145.00 this is the only plug and play pump for our 98's except the Ford Racing one the discountinued
VORTECH
part# 8F001-265

Search the part # on Summitracing.com

I have the inline BBK 255lph and it was not to expensive . Just get the inline pump its alot better than having to remove your gas tank to change it out.I had the same problems you are having when I did mine and I wish i would have just used inline in the first place

joestang98 said:
I'll get the part # for you but the Vortech 255 pump for a 98 GT plugs right in and fits in the basket without any modifications! Summit carrys them for $145.00 this is the only plug and play pump for our 98's except the Ford Racing one the discountinued
VORTECH
part# 8F001-265

Search the part # on Summitracing.com
does anybody else know about this one. does it really work for a 98