info about changing shifter?

95WhiteVenom

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Alabama
Well guys getting a used tri-ax thursday. I can follow direction about how to put it in (prolly easy enought to figure out without the directions, but i have never done it before. I just want to know about the gear lube. Suggestion of what kind to use Synchormesh stuff or what? Also what about getting the old lube out like what all do I need to do? I'm clueless....
also info about adjusting the shifter stobs in it.

• Sponsors (?)

yup, i can take one out and put one in within an hour now. first time probably took about 2 or so. just make sure you dont break the plastic clips on the shifter bezel

well HazMat404 i have taken that shifter bezel off a bunch had to hook my cigarette lighter thing back up it was unplugged so i couldn't charge my cell phone.

Rrich thanks for all the info guys. Dude is being lazy and I have to wait till like this weekend to get my shifter. Ill post again after i get it in along with my new shifter handle I have to wait till next week to order cause it hasnt been released yet.

95WhiteVenom said:
What about the gasket how do it get a new one and what about $$$

There is no gasket in a shifter replacement...RTV is used in its place...Clean the old, and lay new bead down then install the cover and bolt it up...