Inline 6 Adapter for the new age...

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Hey i have a ford Inline 200 and i want to swap a borgwarner t5 that i have sitting around(off of a fox mustang), i was wonder where i should look for a suitable bellhousing or adapter, any advice or direction would be much apriciated. This is going into a project ranchero, so hopefully we can find something that works decently. thanks alot guys
:D

• Sponsors (?)

hey Mr. woodster is this from a 2.3 or 5.0? i see you a lot in the 2.3 forum and i was kind of curious wheter or not I could use a 2.3 T5 on mine. I have an article here somewhere with info on the kit and were to get it Ill have to look around for it. I was pretty much wondering if you can get a 2.3 T5 to work well on a 200 I6. I know the input shafts are different between the 5.0 and 2.3 and gear ratios are not the same but since it would be going on a 6cyl not an 8 and a bunch of stuff would have to be changed anyway, and ive got one sitting around taking up space, I would be interested in a swap.

let me know what you find out and ill do the same!

You can easily install either T-5 behind a 200 with the right parts. You can find out quite a bit of info at www.inlinepages.com, as Wolf posted.

Looking specifically at these 2 pages should answer most if not all of your questions.

http://www.inlinepages.com/drivetrain/history.html
http://www.inlinepages.com/drivetrain/manualswap.html

There is quite a bit more info at www.fordsix.com

According to the info at inlinepages, it looks like Modern Driveline will be taking over production of the 6 cyl adapters. Looking at www.moderndriveline.com in their 'what's coming' section, it says that that can help with 6 cyl stuff.

has anyone purchased anything from modern driveline? i just emailed them about that adapter setup for the 2.3 T5 on the 200 i6 , just wondering if they are making the adapters, and what to exspect to pay pricewise?

I haven't, but if I remember correctly the inlinepages guy wanted 100 and some change. Not positive though. My guess is they will making them themselves, heck with the right tools and some stock, it wouldn't be that hard to make.