Roush Inputs on kids with fast mustangs...

98 Saleen Cobra said:
Nice foose is awesome, they have some good lookin body kits, but I still like the saleen style the best.. That's good that your getting educated on all the styles, it's important; and also you will know more about cars than most guys..!! lol
My Dad was A Texaco gas station owner/ mechanic so I probably know more than most people think I know....teehee. He used to take his older customers cars in for a tune up and have one of his guys take it out and blow it out for them and just charge $25.00 for "all the work".:D

• Sponsors (?)

98 Saleen Cobra said:
Thanks you, I appreciate it. And I'm sure that you will have your Saleen soon. The only reason why I have mine is because I worked on it, and I know how to drive it, and last but not least I signed my name with the Coast Guard.. But you will have yours soon..:nice:
Absolutely. My saleen wears a one carrot diamond and says I love you with words on a daily basis. I have had many mustangs, crotch rockets, and superchargers since my wedding, but she got the nicest car first. Saleen here I come!!!:banana:

people around here are retarded! dont they relize the point of an on-ramp is to get up to speed with the traffic on the highway??????
if i get stuck behind one more person trying to merge into 70mph traffic going 37mph im gonna flip.
not even joking 37mph!!! every day I deal with this
(sorry, i had to vent)

GREYFOX4INCH said:
people around here are retarded! dont they relize the point of an on-ramp is to get up to speed with the traffic on the highway??????
if i get stuck behind one more person trying to merge into 70mph traffic going 37mph im gonna flip.
not even joking 37mph!!! every day I deal with this
(sorry, i had to vent)
You'll be happy to know that I drop at least one gear and tear outta interstate on ramps. Not dangerously, but I make sure I'm going 70 when I get into traffic. Really, doing that is safer than trying to merge at low speeds.

Anyway, I got my Cobra when I was 19. I'll admit, I drive like a punk every once in a while, but 90% of the time it's at night when there's no one around to get hit in case I screw up. The other 10% is in the middle of nowhere. My first car was a 1989 Jeep Cherokee. I learned how to drive a manual on the Cobra and personally, I think it was a great choice to learn on. Most people will say otherwise because of the car's power, but I think it taught me a valuable lesson in respecting a powerful car then I tried to drive it the first time. I put it in reverse, let out the clutch, pushed on the gas like I would in an auto, spun the tires in reverse, flew outta my driveway into the street, and stalled. Talk about scary.

First time I drove it on the street, I couldn't keep my clutch leg from shaking. I was genuinally scared of my car.

my saleen is my fourth car
at 22, i have a good record--no tickets or caused accidents
my first car was a 95 sunfire, but that was from my parents, and i gave it back to them 6 months later
i took out a loan and bought a 96 tacoma--good truck
sold that, took out a loan and bought a 99 integra gsr--what was i thinking?
sold that, got my senses straight, bought a 94 Cobra--my first baby
sold that, got outta some cc debt, and a few months later, bought my 99 s281SC
all of the above mentioned were/are 5 speeds
don't get me wrong, i don't baby my car on the road, but i don't drive like a maniac either
occasionally i will get a li'l sideways, but i don't like to do it much, although i do admit that when i do it puts a smile on my face
as for me, personally, it's probably a good thing that i didn't have a mustang earlier on since i didn't have any professional training or anything, and there were some times early on that i scared myself pretty bad
6 years later though, i am glad where things stand for me