inspection sticker

Beasty306GT

Dec 19, 2002
Oxford,Mass
Hey everyone im finally back on here...Just bought myself a 1989 mustang gt...i was wonderin how the hell i can get an inspection sticker..theres no cats on it...i live in massachusetts....i can install the stock h-pipe but thats a pain in the balls.....its got an offroad x-pipe i believe..if anyone can help me out id appreciate it...more qestions to follow..thanxs everyone

• Sponsors (?)

you need cats to pass mass emissions. Helps to know a buddy or a crooked shop. But hey thats the whole reason why they are thinking about ditching emissions testing all together. Half the muscle cars on the road have crooked strickers for this very reason. Lets face it , theres many loop holes

ya thats what i thought...im just gonna have to change it to the stock one with the 4 cats then...after it passes put the uncatted h-pipe back in man that sucks ass.....thats goin to really suck....they should just drop emmisions all together for muscle cars.......

Most local Pick a Partshave to scrap stickers of the window before they are put in the yard.You need to find a friend (the wrecker driver) who takes the cars to the yard.I had a friend that worked at a yard, would call me up if he was bringing something in good, or with good sticker.He would put it aside, still we got the stuff we need.You need to find a local shop that is run by the owner.

Most local Pick a Partshave to scrap stickers of the window before they are put in the yard.You need to find a friend (the wrecker driver) who takes the cars to the yard.I had a friend that worked at a yard, would call me up if he was bringing something in good, or with good sticker.He would put it aside, still we got the stuff we need.You need to find a local shop that is run by the owner.

Not the ones by me. Walk in with a zippo lighter and go to town..

I'm in Texas and I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but if you pull the sticker off the windshield, "VOID" shows up all over the face. At least they used to. Haven't seen one peeled off in a while.

I'm in Texas and I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but if you pull the sticker off the windshield, "VOID" shows up all over the face. At least they used to. Haven't seen one peeled off in a while.

Thats what the zippo lighter or pen torch is for you heat the window and the glue that says void falls off the window and stays on te sticker..

A guy I worked with was friends with a guy at a J/Y and he cut the section of the windshield with the Sticker off a donor car and my buddy stuck the piece of glass up on his window, LOL!

That's actually a pretty good idea.

In Oregon though, we have to go to DEQ which is a state deal like DMV. Takes all afternoon and you have to get papers from the state saying you passed emissions. At least that's what I remember.

Same here in VA. A sticker isnt enough. The inspection station transmits the results to the DMV. Could be why the CarFax says I failed twice and that the car only has 12,000 miles... I guess the guy wasnt smart enough to think that its unlikely that a 1993 car has 12,000 miles, even when there is no 6th digit... :shrug:

Just toss the stocker on, shouldnt take more than an hour or two. I have done this on a few cars (seeing as most in my sig wear off road mid pipes). Hell I take off and put on the smog pump also for emissions time.

As far as an aftermarket catted pipe its a nice alternative for people who don't have the time to switch them. I personally would never run a catted pipe, but I have been spoiled by off roads for years, and love everything about them. I have LTs now so switching mid pips is a 20-30 min ordeal tops.!

I just peeled a TX sticker (current) off of a Bronco I brought home from Austin. The sticker is designed to come apart in several circles if removed. It would have been quite a trick to get it off in one perfect piece.

Just passed TN inspection and got my fox back on the road. Failed the sniffer test, and the lady gave me a second chance and it passed. I think she liked the car, as she asked me almost immediately "is that a 92?" when I pulled in. Luck or not, I took my "pass" and got the hell out of there! :)

ya thats what i thought...im just gonna have to change it to the stock one with the 4 cats then...after it passes put the uncatted h-pipe back in man that sucks ass.....thats goin to really suck....they should just drop emmisions all together for muscle cars.......

I heard rumors that they may do away with emmissions testing for OBD1 cars in MA in a few years. No proof of that claim yet. They will still have to pass a visual for cats though as it's still technically illegal to remove cats from a vehicle that had them.

That means the inspector won't hook the sniffer on, but he may take a peek to see if they are there.

I run high-flow cats anyway as off-road is just too loud for me, but it would be sweet if i didn't have to worry about passing the sniffer anymore. I'm right on the edge as it is :(

I heard rumors that they may do away with emmissions testing for OBD1 cars in MA in a few years. No proof of that claim yet. They will still have to pass a visual for cats though as it's still technically illegal to remove cats from a vehicle that had them.

That means the inspector won't hook the sniffer on, but he may take a peek to see if they are there.

I run high-flow cats anyway as off-road is just too loud for me, but it would be sweet if i didn't have to worry about passing the sniffer anymore. I'm right on the edge as it is :(

september 2008