Installed my FIPK last night.....Stingers on the way...

Blakers01GT

Master of the Clubhead
Founding Member
Sep 21, 2001
Brown Deer, WI
Well, very simple install other then I didn't have a drill on me, had to run to the shop to get one, but other then that the install and fit was PERFECT!

I absolutely love the new aggressive whine from the blower and the car pulls so much better through the power band, not a bad bang for buck, 20RWHP+ for 170$ :) definitely worth every penny. I ordered my stingers from Nino sport yesterday @ around noon, they sent them out THAT DAY, gave me the tracking number today and they will be here tomorrow :banana:

I orginally wanted to dyno my car stock at around 1k miles, but couldn't wait so i had to put the FIPK on there, and I won't be able to wait tomorrow either.

• Sponsors (?)

i probably sound like a jack@ass right now but it's cool. what is FIPK and what the F** are stingers?

Blakers01GT said:
Well, very simple install other then I didn't have a drill on me, had to run to the shop to get one, but other then that the install and fit was PERFECT!

I absolutely love the new aggressive whine from the blower and the car pulls so much better through the power band, not a bad bang for buck, 20RWHP+ for 170$ :) definitely worth every penny. I ordered my stingers from Nino sport yesterday @ around noon, they sent them out THAT DAY, gave me the tracking number today and they will be here tomorrow :banana:

I orginally wanted to dyno my car stock at around 1k miles, but couldn't wait so i had to put the FIPK on there, and I won't be able to wait tomorrow either.

lol, sorry for not being more specific, it's the generation 2 FIPK CAI, on the cobra it does ALOT, and the Borla Stingers are a catback system that sounds badass.

the FIPK is only 170$, most people go to the dyno stock and then install this and see 25-30RWHP, most I have seen is 33RWHP with just this little CAI.

The borla's will give me about 20RWHP because the most restrictive part on the cobras is the exhaust, CAI etc. I love how mod friendly and receptive these cars are to little bolt on's :banana:

p.s - since you're taking out the air silencer and opening that up and freeing up so much air, the blower whines so much louder when it's getting up to boost, love the sound, when I get my stingers on tomorrow I will post some vids :nice:

zgarske1038 said:
i donno about 20rwhp more like maybe 7 try to get some sound clips of the borla stingers im thinking about switching to that my self i've found my current set up to be to quiet

no my friend, 20RWHP AT LEAST, it's been proven over and over :D and it proved itself driving around after install :spot:

Glad to see your modifying again. I wish the GT's got the same result as the cobra for just the CAI lol. Lucky punk. Im sure the borlas will sound amazing too. SOUND CLIPS! That is all

zgarske1038 said:
my mistake i just realized that you have a 04 cobra i was assueming that you had a GT and in that case your info would have been wrong i agree with the numbers for the cai for a 03-04 cobra though

yeah I figured, wish my old GT could of picked up easy cheap power like my cobra does. hell FULL EXHAUST, CAI, Pulley's, timing adjuster, that gave me around what this little FIPK CAI gave me :rolleyes: :D

Yea, I thought you had a GT at first and thought, WTF? Definately a good thing to have on your Cobra ... intake and exhaust.

You'll be at 450rwhp with the rest of them soon with all these simple bolt on mods.

Congrats again on the Cobra. You lucky SOB. :D