Installing 3v into my 04 GT

SonicStangGT

Mar 18, 2008
King, North Carolina
Thinking of installing a 3v because my motor has to come back out and can get a good deal on a 3v right know. My ? is if I get the motor, wiring harness, and a ecu will the motor bolt to my k-member and also will my tranny. I know that they have a 3650 too, and they have a hydr. clutch instead of a cable like mine. Will this work. I posted in the S197 forum also, but thought I would ask here also. Thanks for any info.

• Sponsors (?)

Logan Motorsports has adapters for the headers so you can mount your 2v headers on to the 3v heads. There are other parts you need if you use your 2v computer, but it looks like you're going with the 3v computer.

Yeah, I was just looking at there site trying to find it. Also looked a Logan motorsports, they have a 3v SN95 conversion kit that has the adt. plates to use 2v headers, and has a plate to use a cobra TB. They dont have a price on it though, I'll have to call.

and 3Vs only cost about half what 4Vs do :D

I wanted to do that swap... but being in California it needs to be smog check-able and I couldn't get a straight answer about whether converting from computer controlled drive-by-wire to a mechanical throttle control would be legal

Yeah, I'am just looking to see if it is possible. I have to still be able to pass a OBDII test, so it may not work. Not sure how the OBDII computer would act when ypu tell it its a 04 mustang and reads an 05 engine and ecu. Plus you can go low 12's on bolt on's. With my nitrous, prob go low 11's.

my understanding is the ODBII will be OK, it was the visual inspection that seemed to be the issue for the California Smog Check guys (it think it's just a case of "different is scary and bad")

seems like a read about somebody's 3V swap and it ran 'ok' without a tune :shrug: