insurance appraisal.

badazz68stang

Mar 28, 2006
im tryin to figure out how much to insure my stang at for my insurance. We plugged in 8 grand today jus to see how much it would run, and it was like 75 bucks for 6 months. But anyways, its a 1968 C code coupe, 37k orig. miles. I bought the car for 3 grand, and prolly have another 4 in completing restoration. And eventually another grand in wheels n tires. Somebody give me an idea of what i should say its worth.

• Sponsors (?)

I have mine insured for $17k through Hagerty, I pay $275 for the whole year.

I am not sure really what your car is like, as your description is fairly vague, but I would probably insure it for a minimum of 12k.

my agreed value plan wanted pics of the 4 sides, engine & int and a proffesional appraisal. better to go a bit higher than what you think its worth, its only a few bucks/yr more. be careful to read the restrictions on your policy and state registration, i run regular plates so there are no complications if a fender bender happens while going to work in it.

I think that you should insure for a little more than you have in it.. I would also speak an agent and see what other documents you need to provide in the event of a total loss to realize your full agreed value. They may have a condition that the appraisal meets the agreed value, along with other stipulations like the car is stored in a garage.....you never know what another one will cost you.

my agreed value plan wanted pics of the 4 sides, engine & int and a proffesional appraisal. better to go a bit higher than what you think its worth, its only a few bucks/yr more. be careful to read the restrictions on your policy and state registration, i run regular plates so there are no complications if a fender bender happens while going to work in it.

66forfun, who is your insurance carrier? Is it for classic cars. I use Hagerty and their site states "Our policy allows for an occasional leisure drive, not just to parades or car events." but I want to drive it more.

Anybody else?