Interesting, my car in an ebay ad

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Saleen-18-wheels-RX7-3000GT-300ZX-Ste_W0QQitemZ330221847316QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330221847316

Funny thing, as similar as the rims look, they are not the same, since there is at least 3 different runs of these rims from saleen.

I actually stumbled on the ad by accident, i look at these rims all the time because they are also on my explorer, and i need a spare to rechrome them one at a time.

Just so mods are aware, i have nothing to do with the seller, nor do i know who he is.

• Sponsors (?)

That's annoying man. I helped my dad sell a pace car Corvette he'd picked up through ebay, and soon after I found some schmuck selling "his" with ALL my pictures. I really wanted to screw w/him by bidding on a fake account but I'm too nice. I told him to **** off and left it at that since I really couldn't do anything. Doubt he even had one, I hope no one bought it.

I'm really not bothered by it, but it's kinda funny how randomly i ran into it.
Same happened once where i ran into pics of it on the corral.

I also hope people don't just get the idea you can just slap them on a foxbody.
I would of never done it if i didn't have an s351 replica available to experiment with the rims.

I once had this 93 300Z Hard Top with a Stillen body kit that I hadnt painted yet with 18" AREs so the car was real distinctive and we lived in Maui so I knew it was the ONLY hard top Z on the island. One day I see it for sale for $4000 :jaw: car was booking at 12K. I called the guy up and asked him all kinda questions and then said well lets take it for a test drive first and come on out cause Im already in the car playing with the stereo, he hung up and wouldnt answer again :rlaugh:

Yeah, it's happened to me too. I had some dude from California who was using MY picture of MY car to sell his "79 Cobra Hoodscoops" on E-Bay. I asked him to remove the photo and he wouldn't. I then contacted E-Bay and let them know that he was in violation of their rules and they wouldn't help me either. I then decided to play with him. I bid/won the auction and refused to pay. I also left him negative feedback. He tried contacting me to withdraw the negative feedback and I ignored him. He then relisted it again, so I bid/won/refused to pay and left another negative feedback. Again, I was contacted by a mediation party to withdraw my negative feedback, which I refused. He's since stopped using my photo.

I also had this happen from Mustangs Unlimited. They used my picture of my hood decal to promote their Cobra Hood decals. Of course, they didn't ask. Someone on the net notified me that my hood was on their website. I then picked up a catalog and it's in there too. I know that it's my hood because in the picture, it has my "302 H.O." decals on the side of the scoop. Plus, it's MY picture that they used.

Oh well, as long as I have the car and nobody messes with it, I'll be o.k.

I've seen similar involving a clutch company photochopping a sponsored race car, they removed the sponsor on the front valence and put their own name on it.
Pissed the car owner and the sponsoring company off.
Best yet, the company (in all the mustang magazines) then denied they did it, whats worse is the car is on a poster, and is clearly obvious.

Oh yea, someone here showed me an ebay seller using pics of my car to promote the fiberglass cowl covers they were selling sometime last year. I asked him if he'd remove it and he said he would cease use of it. Next time I saw that auction up, it was gone. At least he wasn't a total dick.

Well you never know, figure this guy has junky molds and sells one. The buyer is pissed and relates it to my car, then figures I have ****ty parts on my car :notnice:

Well you never know, figure this guy has junky molds and sells one. The buyer is pissed and relates it to my car, then figures I have ****ty parts on my car :notnice:

You make a very good point.
That's why i said a buyer of the rims can't think he can just slap them on the car.
I had to experiment with different size tires, swapping front rims for backs, and spacers, which got me to the place i am now.

Just show them a picture of that busted arm of yours. Then tell him you bought all high end parts with the huge settlement you got out of it. ;)

Yea, I wish. All I got out of it was a free trip to the hospital. Actually I had to pay for the trip to it in the ambulance, but everything therein was paid for. :rlaugh: