Is it Just Me !!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Mike,

I might be buying a 75mm "Race" TB. I found a really good deal and I just wanna see the difference from my regular 75mm TB. I think I might do some datalogging of the kg/hr and see if it changes with the swap.

Jake

GTJake said:
Hey Mike,

I might be buying a 75mm "Race" TB. I found a really good deal and I just wanna see the difference from my regular 75mm TB. I think I might do some datalogging of the kg/hr and see if it changes with the swap.

Jake

If you do that Jake, be sure to let us know the results as I really really would like to see the air flow differences between them.

Later
Grady

94TURBO5 O said:
Mike
I had the same problem before. I did a lot of searches and found out it was an ignition problem if the o2's start kirk'n out like that also (just another avenue to check). I changed my plugs and they were fouled like a mofo. I had a vacuum leak earlier that day and fouled out the plugs running rich. I changed out the plugs and everything went back to normal. I would just pull the plugs first and check'm out. :nice:

This all happened with my o2's the day I just got done changing my plugs actually. I had some vacuum leaks when I first got it running. I fixed them but i'm wondering if my vacuum is still too low now? I sent Ed an email and he thinks its low. I make 8" at idle. I've already retorqued the lower since it loosened up a little. I'm also wondering if I have to mill my lower intake to fit properly. The block is zero deck and the heads were milled appx .035" to 55.6cc. Ed also suggested adding some timing at idle and at 1500 rpm, but I can't add at 1500 with the pms.

Jake, thumbs up for being a guinni pig and trying something new and "way too big" :D Let us know what happens. Any chance of bringing both tb's to the track and comparing? I bet you need to add some fuel with the 75mm race so it may take a few runs to dial it in.

75mm "race" TB....WTF?!

That is HUGE. You better rev that thing to 8000 RPM now. :nonono:

Grady - my rear is apart, and my old man should have all the bearings pressed into the new locker by mid-week (he's working on it in his free time at work). After I get back on the road, I'll HOPEFULLY get around to Tweecing again.

You know I'm retarded with that kinda stuff....hopefully I'll be able to stimulate your brain for a little. :D

Joe

bimmertech said:
anyone wanna hear bout inertial supercharging and wave pulse tunig. if so i will post an in depth thread on the stuff you didn't even know was going on in your engine.

I already know EVERYTHING that goes on in my engine ..... NOTHING. At least it feels that way. But sure, bimmer..... you have officially been authorized to enlighten us....

Man, if you wanna see a slow forum check out the sn-95/5.0 forum on allfordmustangs.com. That site has pretty good tech articles and calculators, but no post activity.

I posted a question like 2 weeks ago, and still have no answer. Worst yet, the post still shows up on the first page (it hasn't even been displacedd by newer posts yet)!!!

bimmertech said:
anyone wanna hear bout inertial supercharging and wave pulse tunig. if so i will post an in depth thread on the stuff you didn't even know was going on in your engine.
Inertial supercharging isn't anything new...it's just how the engine operates. They always have to give it a special name. Kinda like sanitation engineer = garbage man.

I don't know WTF wave pulse tuning is, though.... :shrug:

Joe