Is it possible to feel slower with 3.73? VS Stock

RedefinedGT

May 27, 2005
Ok, well I just stuck my 3.73's in and my car feels slower for some reason, maybe it is because I cant seem to get my tires to turn over as easiley, or something but it does not feel the same. I dont know what the deal is...... But I also installed a adjustable fuel pressure regulator today, maybe I turned it up too much and it is hurting my performance.... I have it set only to like 45psi tho, should not be all that high..... what the heck is going on I dont understand.

I have a 96 GT with an auto.... if you needed to know.

• Sponsors (?)

just a thought

I was used to my car and the sound it made when I was rollin around at 45-50mph in town. Then I got 3.73's and the sound I was so used to driving at was at a slower mph. It took awhile to adjust my "speed by ear". But it doesn't feel slower when i get on it. :D And i'm used to it now.

Humm, I dont know, I mean it kinda feels faster, but in other ways it does not... I dont know if reprogramming the ECU goofed it up or adding more fuel pressure to the mix today did it, heck... maybe it was because I was not use to having the AC on some of the time, I turned it off tho, it felt a ton better, but still dident feel the same.... I might just be crazy.... I did the brake in... dirve 20min at 55 or higher, let cool for one hour, drive again for 20 min over 55, let cool for an hour, and drive normal after that.... I dont get it, I do still get a bit of a whine when I am coasting but it is getting better too....

HELP!

RedefinedGT said:
Humm, I dont know, I mean it kinda feels faster, but in other ways it does not...
Does it feel faster or slower in all gears, or just a couple? 2nd and 3rd are going to be a lost shorter in comparison to your old 2.73's. Since you're not pulling for such a long period of time when you're getting on it like you used to, but rather ripping through the lower gears and getting to the higher gears quicker. Since you’re no longer able to feel that loooong pull, it may give you the illusion that the car is slower as a result. Hopefully you did a before comparison at the track or with one of those G-Tech gadgets….now go out and try it again and see what happens?

Well this morning I noticed many new things and I don't know why....

The car actually seemed much faster today.... I drove it down to the shop and gave it the beans a few times and I could roll those tires over like no other..... Than we got to the shop and dropped the fuel pressure a coupple lbs and wow... now there actually is a huge diffrence in the car.... I am lovin it.

RedefinedGT said:
Well this morning I noticed many new things and I don't know why....

The car actually seemed much faster today.... I drove it down to the shop and gave it the beans a few times and I could roll those tires over like no other..... Than we got to the shop and dropped the fuel pressure a coupple lbs and wow... now there actually is a huge diffrence in the car.... I am lovin it.
thats good to hear bro :nice: now get the hell outta here and go enjoy your ride :)

Gearbanger 101 said:
Does it feel faster or slower in all gears, or just a couple? 2nd and 3rd are going to be a lost shorter in comparison to your old 2.73's. Since you're not pulling for such a long period of time when you're getting on it like you used to, but rather ripping through the lower gears and getting to the higher gears quicker. Since you’re no longer able to feel that loooong pull, it may give you the illusion that the car is slower as a result. Hopefully you did a before comparison at the track or with one of those G-Tech gadgets….now go out and try it again and see what happens?

+1...You will rip through the first 3 gears quickly and it won't feel like you are going very fast. I don't even use first gear in daily driving. Try using 2nd gear when starting off, makes it easier on me since my 1st gear takes me about 30 ft