Is the 5.0 in a '88 Lincoln LSC the same as a Mustang GT?

I am asking, because I can get one of these for cheap.... I want to know is the 5.0 motor EXACTLY the same in a 1988 Lincoln LSC Mark VII as it is in a 1988 Mustang GT ? If so, is the computer and the wiring loom the same?

If it is the same, would there be any problems with me using this motor with a T-5, the computer for a T-5, and the lincoln wiring harness. I am putting all this into a '65 convertible. Someone let me know [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

GIGGLEME26

YOU CAN USE THE MOTOR IN QUESTION, JUST MAKE SURE YOUR MOTORS HAVE THE SAME MAF/ OR THROTTLEBODY. YOU CAN CHANGE THESE OVER. YOU MUST ALSO NEED TO LOOK AT THE INTAKE MANIFOLD, AND SEE WHICH SIDE DOES THE AIR BOX IS ON. SOME ARE ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, AND OTHERS ARE ON THE PASS. SIDE. IF THE AIR BOX IS ON THE OTHER SIDE FROM WHAT YOU HAVE, YOU MUST TAKE THE UPPER AND LOWER INTAKE OFF THE OLD MOTOR AND PUT IT ON THE NEW ONE. IF THIS IS THE CASE..YOU MAY HAVE TO PUT A LONGER HOSE TO THE THROTTLE BODY FOR THE COOLANT (ANTIFREEZE) ON THE BACK. THE ONLY PROBLEM I SEE THAT IS WORTH THE WORRY IS, THE GT MOTOR HAS MORE HORSE POWER THAN THE LINCOLN. IF THE INTAKE MANIFOLD SAYS 5.0 HO ON TOP OF THE LINCOLN MOTOR YOUR IN LUCK. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT. I'VE DONE PLENTY OF MOTOR SWAPS. THEY ARE NOT AS HARD AS PEOPLE THINK..:nice:

GIGGLEME26 said:
THE ONLY PROBLEM I SEE THAT IS WORTH THE WORRY IS, THE GT MOTOR HAS MORE HORSE POWER THAN THE LINCOLN.

No it doesn't. At least not on a '88 Mark 7 LSC.

The LSC comes with the same 225HP/300TQ motor as a 5.0 Mustang. There are minor differences in the accessory setup and other things but for the most part it's the same engine.

Some Mark 7's come with the 200HP 5.0 SO...i beleive up til around 1987 or so.

Just read the intake plaque. If it says 5.0 HO, it's 225HP.