Is there a manual transmission that can handle 800RWHP

NWJason

Jun 13, 2008
Seattle/Tacoma
I want to buy something that will hold up to 800 rwhp that is a manual, I have a rebuilt T-5 with 46k original miles on it that I am selling to use to put into my HIGH HP tranny purchase, any ideas on what will work and who has one for sale?

• Sponsors (?)

go for the viper 6 speed it will handle anything...........
Try calling D&D performance in Wixom Michigan
google them...
they are in the 5.0 magazine also......
save your pennies and go the 6 speed route (and you wont be dissappointed) and be done with the old 5speed
once you get a 6speed you will love it...esp on the freeway!!
imagine with 410 gears at 70 mph only spinning 2k rpm in 6th gear sounds sweet!!!

Depends what you plan on doing with your high power pony. 6-speeds are crap if you plan on dragging or doing a road course like SCCA. Modular Mustang builds a darn near bulletproof TKO 5-speed if you prefer that route. Or you might consider the Muncie M22/M20 for a 4-speed. But if you don't plan on racing, the T56 is pretty good if you want to spend an extra $1k-2k (keep in mind that it is only rated to 500 ft-lbs unless you get the Viper spec which bumps up to 650 ft-lbs).

750 engine HP ( then a "bit" of spary) Ford Top loader 4 speed!! Been in there for over 20 years with no failures!! ( Liberty gear Pro shift modified gears)

Just me...............................

Thumper

Attachments

• only one left...jpg
    only one left...jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Eng Thumper 2.jpg
    Eng Thumper 2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 130