It sucks to be not extremely wealthy...

VOORHEES

Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy
Mod Dude
Nov 9, 1999
LaGrange, GA
On my way in this morning, I spot a car carrier coming through the intersection. Couple of Ford 500's/Fusion's/Etc. One white Mustang GT and then I see it!! A blue Shelby GT-500! Sweet. I quickly change lanes and head over to the dealership about 200yds away.
I know alot of you guys don't like the car for whatever reason, but it looks great and has 500hp. Kinda hard to ignore that fact.
I bought it on the spot!!!! :D In my dreams.

Can't wait to see the markup the put on it.

• Sponsors (?)

People are gonna have to wait for them in about a year or so they should be done with this retarded markup. My old dealership used to do it with Vipers and SRT10's (+ 20k) and wonder why they weren't selling.

AmBo said:
No way is that markup legit...I don't believe it!

I believe it. I've seen another mark-up like that somewhere else also. The real laugher is gonna be that these morons that paid $20K and more mark-up better decide soon whether they want to keep their new Shelby or not, because come next summer their gonna be eating that mark-up they paid if they decide to sell it. I guess Ford is deciding to only make a 3 year run of these Shelby's and not a 5 year run.

That's insane. It's a great car, and I wouldn't turn one down if someone was giving it to me, but I paid $12,000 for my car 2 years ago, and I'm thinking with the extra $98,000 I could turn it into a hell of a lot better car than that.

the thing is that most of the people who are buying these cars a paying for the gt 500 badge and shelby status...they really arent thinking about the money because they have it but want the shelby and will pay what it takes.

The GT500 is more like a collector car not what you would look for as in buying a DD.

For all of the people that say the baddest and most powerful mustang ever produced is a cheap piece of crap...YOU'RE STUPID! Go buy an import. :rolleyes: For all of the people who would pay $100,000 for it...YOU'RE STUPID! Go buy an Italian import. :rlaugh:

I saw one today on the road, and holy ***** those cars are drop dead gorgeous.

Once you get over the sticker shock, they really are a bad ass car... for the people that can afford them.

I dunno about the shelby's but the local dealership has thinks they are going to sell a ford gt for $498,000 HAHAHA :rlaugh: , what a joke. I asked the guy, do people actually pay that?? And of course he replied that they do...liar.--carrera gt here I come :p . Not to mention a $20,000 markup on a new saleen extreme, bringing it up to like $98,000 OMG...I hate dealerships.