It's not really Fox related...

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
But since you guys are my bros I figured I'd post it up. I traded my 99 Cobra off yesterday and got this:

e5qk2t.jpg

14xcqp0.jpg

33d9snn.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Here's where i would start pointing out all the mods id just HAVE to do before id even consider driving that thing (to cover up the jealousy of course). But, ill skip it for once :D that's a great lookin car, i'm interested to know how it compares to the '99.

Jealousy rears it's ugly head. :dammit:

So nice, though. Congratulations. Please tell me you kept the Mopar. :D

Of course I kept the Mopar, its my first car, it isn't going anywhere. It will have to be stolen or wrecked to get it out of my hands. :nice:

i'm interested to know how it compares to the '99.

It kicks the crap out of the 99 everywhere except exhaust note. Course the Cobra had long tubes, a catless X pipe, and Bassani mufflers. I don't know if I will do a catback or not, I like that it is quiet, but at the same time I want it to be louder.

From what i've seen and read, it seems like they run really quiet but open up quite a bit when you lay into them in terms of sound. any truth to that or are you still puttin around town in it?

From what i've seen and read, it seems like they run really quiet but open up quite a bit when you lay into them in terms of sound. any truth to that or are you still puttin around town in it?

I've put my foot in it a bit, but I haven't run it hard yet. I was going to let the clutch seat a little before I really beat on it.

that's a great lookin car, i'm interested to know how it compares to the '99.
An s197 is about TEN+ times better than an sn95 is over a Fox.

The sn95 and Fox are chassis designs based on when engineers used slide rules (not even calculators!) to design a chassis.

The sn95's had some CAD thrown on top of an ancient chassis.

The s197 platform is easily 30+ years newer in every aspect over the sn95s and Foxes.
People put coil-overs in foxes and sn95 when the chassis is nowhere designed for that type of load! But, they do it to try to get better handling, etc.

Sorry, even the Ford Fusion kicks the *ss of a modified sn95 or Fox. Then again, *I* would hope that with the advances in CAD and chassis design knowledgeable that would be the case. :)

On the other hand, the new cars are even a bigger massive PITA to scan, fix. Add in the slimeball dealers REQUIRING a dealer visit to scan/debug/so stuff, and I have very mixed feelings. For example, want the brakes of your POS Prius bleed properly - you HAVE to go to a dealer! Yes, just for a full and proper brake bleeding.

Oh well, I'm still waiting for my Ford Fusion plug-in that I'll likely get in ~2 years (next model year after it's initial intro).

BTW: NICE CAR!! :nice:

The sn95 and Fox are chassis designs based on when engineers used slide rules (not even calculators!) to design a chassis.

The s197 platform is easily 30+ years newer in every aspect over the sn95s and Foxes.
People put coil-overs in foxes and sn95 when the chassis is nowhere designed for that type of load! But, they do it to try to get better handling, etc.

Sorry, even the Ford Fusion kicks the *ss of a modified sn95 or Fox. Then again, *I* would hope that with the advances in CAD and chassis design knowledgeable that would be the case. :)

On the other hand, the new cars are even a bigger massive PITA to scan, fix. Add in the slimeball dealers REQUIRING a dealer visit to scan/debug/so stuff, and I have very mixed feelings. For example, want the brakes of your POS Prius bleed properly - you HAVE to go to a dealer! Yes, just for a full and proper brake bleeding.

Oh well, I'm still waiting for my Ford Fusion plug-in that I'll likely get in ~2 years (next model year after it's initial intro).

meh, I'd go up against your fusion of choice in my :poo:ty little 30 yo rust box.

OP: nice car

Reactions: 1 user

What the hell in God's name are you rambling about? A Fusion is better than what? How does this useless, nonsensical, tirade pertain to the picture of the Mustang LarsD posted and is clearly excited about? You seem to have been on these forums for a long time, and help out in a technical sense quite often, but the stuff that comes out of your mouth sometimes... I just don't know.

Reactions: 1 user
lol

Old meets new.

1zeo44.jpg

343ndhg.jpg

Wish I haven't been so busy, got some stuff I need to button up on the Blue/white one. Heh, more like a LOT that needs buttoning up.

Three generations.

2llf50y.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Lars! I hate you and all those beautiful toys you have! :D

Ha, nice blanket statement. As an owner of a Fusion and a modified suspension/brake Fox, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that my Fox out-handles my Fusion. The Fusion is a nice car, and has what I would call "confident" handling and braking. But does it outperform my Fox that has a slew of Steeda, Hotchkis, and Strange suspension parts and '04 Cobra brakes? Haha, hell no. I mean, it's not even in question.

Reactions: 1 users