J&M Products Rear Suspension Results

• Sponsors (?)

I'm looking into the J&M control arms, but I'm not sure if I should go with the extreme joints or not. I primarily commute, so extra noise or harshness would matter here. But I'm also curious as to what diffrence the extreme joint has to handling and longevity. So, basically, I just don't know which way to go! Also, I already have a metco UCA bracket, I assume that is not an issue? Can I just install the upper first with the stock lowers and get the lowers at a later time?

you can install things in any order you want. I dont think the METCO brace would cause any issues, as long as it is compatible with the stock parts and not engineered to fit only their part.

If you have any doubts about the extreme joints, get the normal bushings. As far as handling, the extreme joints will have ZERO deflection and the normal bushings will have minimal deflection. hard to say for sure you will be able to tell the difference unless you are a pro racer.

I also would not hesitate to call them directly to answer questions, they are very helpful and willing to answer your questions.

Also, I do notice a bit of a clunk when I go over bumps and such. Nothing super drastic, but a noise that wasn't there before nonetheless. Is there something I did wrong?

BTW, it is insane how just a few suspension mods make such a difference. It hugs corners so much better, and my tires are bald (new wheels and tires coming tomorrow).

missed this quote earlier...

I would double check the torque on the bolts. also, you may want to zip tie the e-brake cable to prevent that from flopping and making noise when it contacts the LCA. there is not much to go wrong unless you did something that was unnecessary for installation. :shrug:

missed this quote earlier...

I would double check the torque on the bolts. also, you may want to zip tie the e-brake cable to prevent that from flopping and making noise when it contacts the LCA. there is not much to go wrong unless you did something that was unnecessary for installation. :shrug:

Both good ideas. I tried torque everything to the amount listed in your instructions, but I guess there is always room for error.

Never thought about zipping the brake lines. Good idea.

Took my car in to have it aligned this past weekend and where before I was noticing a faint clunking noise in the rear when going over bumps, I now hear it in the front as well. I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention before or what, but small bumps now give me a thunking sound. What gives?

Took my car in to have it aligned this past weekend and where before I was noticing a faint clunking noise in the rear when going over bumps, I now hear it in the front as well. I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention before or what, but small bumps now give me a thunking sound. What gives?

Did you reuses the stock strut mounts? Quite a few people have trouble with the same noise you are describing when resusing the stock pieces. Most people upgrade to the GT500 units when they change front suspension pieces.

Did you reuses the stock strut mounts? Quite a few people have trouble with the same noise you are describing when resusing the stock pieces. Most people upgrade to the GT500 units when they change front suspension pieces.

I did reuse the stock pieces. I was not aware that they were an issue. If it is not a problem, it doesn't really bother me any, I just don't want my wheels to fall off. But I've had it up near 100 testing it and there is no wobble, shaking, or veering at all so I only assume that everything is alright.

I did reuse the stock pieces. I was not aware that they were an issue. If it is not a problem, it doesn't really bother me any, I just don't want my wheels to fall off. But I've had it up near 100 testing it and there is no wobble, shaking, or veering at all so I only assume that everything is alright.

I haven't heard of reusing the stock pieces being a safety issue. More of an annoyance than anything else.