JL Stealthboxes....who has em?

Hi Guys,

I am seriously considering one for my 02 GT. Best price I found locally was $400. THat seems pretty cheap for this box. My question is, since it is tucked on the side and fires outside, does the bass still sound evenly distributed throughout the car?
Also, JL said I might have to trim the amp rack area to fit it. Anybody install this and what were the issues.
AND, does it sound as good as people say it does?

Thank you in advance.
Fred

• Sponsors (?)

The way bass travels I think it will sound even at any area in the car. It's a 10W3v2-D6 sub that has dual 6 ohm voice coils and needs 300W RMS. Coupled with a JL Audio 250/1 amplifier it will make good clean and tight bass. I plan on adding one to my system soon.

KingDiamond said:
The way bass travels I think it will sound even at any area in the car. It's a 10W3v2-D6 sub that has dual 6 ohm voice coils and needs 300W RMS. Coupled with a JL Audio 250/1 amplifier it will make good clean and tight bass. I plan on adding one to my system soon.

THanks for the input. I will be hooking it up to my PPI 2150 amp....it kicks and sounds nice and clean. I was just curious to see if anyone has actually heard it in person.

Thanks!

I installed one in a 03 vert w/ the 460 audio. i turned the bass down on the head unit till about 1/2-2/3. this will cut down the distortion from the doors, and the side pillars (in my case) and then match the bass from head unit so it seams to blend seemlessly. but overall, im very satisified w/ the sound. it has more lower sound, then a full range type of bass. but my recommendation, if you got the dough, get it, with an amp in the RMS range (about 300watts). and make sure you run a thick enough power cable.

I shopped around forever trying to find a box that would fit in my trunk and not take up too much room. I thought about one of those tubes, but I already had a pair of 12" Kicker comp subs. The box I seriously considered was at http://www.subbox.net/, but it would only fit a pair of 10's.

Anyway, ended up building my own box out of 3/4" MDF, sealed the box and carpeted it. Sounds totally sweet with my Fosgate 800w x 1 channel amp. I'd say build a box yourself if you have the means. I can get you the exact dimensions of mine if it helps.