Junkyard engineering projects write-ups and other stuff...

DarkBuddha

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Seattle & Tampa
Well, I've recently gotten some emails from random folks about some of the junkyard engineering projects my father has done for my '70 Mach, so I updated my MSN group site, DB's Mustang, and added some write-ups about some of them. I thought I'd mention it here since others might be interested. And even though they were done for my '70, they might also work for other years as well. The main JYE project page is: http://groups.msn.com/DBsMustang/jyeprojects.msnw

The current list of JYE projects includes:

High(er) speed wiper motor - I really hated the old slow wipers.

Tilt column conversion - and not just a swap either, but a real conversion!

Bolt-in electric trunk latch - a nice convenience, and yep, completely bolt-in.

Bolt-in cable release hood latch - a good security feature, and again, completely bolt-in.

Bolt-in remote passenger sport mirror - another nifty convenience, completely bolt-in.

Reclining highback seat conversion - another real conversion, not just a seat swap.

Also, I added Budget Paint Tips to my Tips & Tricks page, which gives some tips if you're looking for a decent budget paint job using a paint franchise like Maaco or Earl Shreib (like I did).

Any feedback is appreciated, especially if you find a broken link or anything like that.

I hope someone finds some of this info useful... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

DarkBuddha said:
Thanks for the compliments Bryan. About pop's degree, maybe we should rename the degree something like an Automotive Re-engineering degree... gives it a bit more prestige I think. :p

that works. we just need to print him out a degree now. something like

this degree in automtive re-engineering is herby awarded to Pops for thinking outside the box and creating some of the coolest re-engineering projects ever to leave the vaunted walls of the automotive re-recycling department of the university of auto salvage campus of florida. or something like that

bnickel said:
that works. we just need to print him out a degree now. something like

this degree in automtive re-engineering is herby awarded to Pops for thinking outside the box and creating some of the coolest re-engineering projects ever to leave the vaunted walls of the automotive re-recycling department of the university of auto salvage campus of florida. or something like that
:rlaugh: I love it!!! That's better than any damn ivy league degree! I'm gonna print him one up... :nice:

Say Hi

That tilt column conversion is absolutely perfect. Pure genius.
Should be a glossy page magazine article.
Better grab your towncars quick - they'll go fast!

Roy.

meanroy said:
Should be a glossy page magazine article.
I'm glad you like it... I think it's one of my father's best projects so far. I think magazines avoid articles like this because of the potential liability issues. All their usual articles are on products from big manufacturers, who all have big time insurance policies. But if they publish something like this and some guy screws it up and the column fails, I think they'd fear any liability lawsuits. I figure if I post it here for free, and I included the disclaimer on the JYE main page, then if someone tries it and screws it up, they're on their damn own. :spot: