Just got back from the dyno.

jivepepper

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2002
Under a Sombrero. in WV.
Well it made 431whp and 419lbs lbs of torque. That was at 11.25 psi with 16* of timing, and an 11:5,1 a/f ratio. I was getting belt slip. I bought a real tight belt this morning but the only thing they had in the right size was one with cogs like a gatorback belt. Since the RR pulley has little cuts in it, it didn't take long to start wearing it down. When I pulled over at the gas station I check the oil on the way home and there was lots of black dust.

There is a hell of alot more under the curve power which is nice. But what surprised me the most is how well my cheap ebay IC performed. The ambient temps where 75 and the iat temps where 96 not bad at all. I have had about 2 hours sleep since last night so I will probably take my ass to bed soon, just wanted to share. :D

This my mod list

mmr 900 short block

V1 with a 2.8" RR belt chewer pulley lol (but hell I payed 40 shipped through ebay.)

diy $465.00 ebay IC

Professional products 75mm TB&plenum

Mac prochamber

Mac catback

42lb injectors

afm powerpipe

sct chip and 2400 maf.

Stock heads, cams, intake and exhaust manifolds.

dyno25sb.png

Tuned by Dave Guy at Kauffmans motorsport

Attachments

• dyno25sb.png
    dyno25sb.png
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

The piping from the vortech to the intercooler was done by a company or by yourself? I am wondering, since i have been looking for a company that sells piping for vortech intercooler. BTW-those are some good numbers. How did you like kaufmans? I opted to go to JD's instead of them. Thanks for any info.

98GTVortech said:
The piping from the vortech to the intercooler was done by a company or by yourself? I am wondering, since i have been looking for a company that sells piping for vortech intercooler. BTW-those are some good numbers. How did you like kaufmans? I opted to go to JD's instead of them. Thanks for any info.

Its a universal piping kit from ebay. I already replaced the worm clamps with tbolts and the silicone elbows are strictive inside the middle looks like a corner. I just ordered new ones with a universal id all the way through, other than that it works great. I just cut two pipes to size. Hers a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-In...33742QQitemZ8067251382QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

IntercoolerPipeBlue.jpg

I have been to kauffmans twice and have been very happy both times.

TweekedGT said:
Nice numbers! Congrats man!
Can't wait to see your numbers they should be quite impressive.

I just bought some Mac long tubes for 50 bucks I wish I would have found them before I installed the engine lol.

Attachments

• IntercoolerPipeBlue.jpg
    IntercoolerPipeBlue.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 57
I just bought some Mac long tubes for 50 bucks I wish I would have found them before I installed the engine lol.[/QUOTE]

damn thats a steal!!! just imagine the power your car we be at once you do a little headwork, and cams, its sitting pretty bada$$ now. have fun with all the new power dude:flag:

Nice Brother!!:nice: Your tuner got your A/F damn near PERFECT!!! :hail2:

quick question......only 16* of timing?? What compression ratio are you running?? Thats somewhat conservative timing if you are running a lower CR. I figured it would be closer to 18-19*.

Dan_Soprano said:
Nice Brother!!:nice: Your tuner got your A/F damn near PERFECT!!! :hail2:

quick question......only 16* of timing?? What compression ratio are you running?? Thats somewhat conservative timing if you are running a lower CR. I figured it would be closer to 18-19*.

He said that was a tune that I could beat daily and have no worries. I have 18cc pistons so my compression should be about 9 to 1.