Just Got Back From The Toy Store

• Sponsors (?)

The Factor said:
Picked up my new toy today and just thought i'd share my happiness with photoshow and Btw it can go almost 1000 feet per second :D http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/hV6cn5jr

How much did that set you back? I have been looking into getting one of those SA XD's but I haven't been able to decide between that one of the S7W SW99 in .45ACP :shrug:

I don't like the grip on the SA XD too much while the SW99 just felt perfect in my hand.

tehnick said:
How much did that set you back? I have been looking into getting one of those SA XD's but I haven't been able to decide between that one of the S7W SW99 in .45ACP :shrug:

I don't like the grip on the SA XD too much while the SW99 just felt perfect in my hand.
There between about 500 to 550 depending were you go. Ya guns are like shoes some fit good to some folks and others dont different size hands can make a big difference. The SA XD45 got gun of the year and won the shoot out so its ranked pretty high. I ran 300 rounds threw my XD40 service and it was flawless it ate everything I gave it as fast as I could pull the trigger. I even ran some old duty ammo that was like 10 to 15 years old , golden sabor,hydroshocs starfires, black talons and some corbin + p's. with no jams and so I decided to try and stagger the rounds in the mags with a variety of different rounds and it still wouldnt jam. So then I topped it off with a 100 reloads and it was flawless no " FTF" failure to feed and never field stripped the gun, oiled and or cleaned during the whole session. Im a glock lover but this springfield is unreal. It fits my hand a lot better then the glocks, the blocks hee hee I mean glocks in bigger calipers like 45acp or 10 mm the grips are way to big and thats been a big complaint to most people with glocks.These babys are real accurate also they can do around 2 inch groups at 25 yards.So with that being said MYXD40 Was so good I added the xd45 to my collection. I also run hogue finger grips whitch is like the frosting on cake to me. It felt good with out them but when your hand starts sweating the rubber grips feel planted in your hand. Good luck on your choice, im not a real smith and Wesson fan except in revolvers.I';d make sure the one your interested in dosent have any feeding problems I had a sw 4006 and it was real picky and would jam. I know when I pick up a gun I want it to go bang everytime and the springfield XD Has been proven to be reliable also it holds 14 rounds of 45's before you have to slap another mag in:D :flag:

Darkness said:
Nice toy Ed but dont be like me, I bought myself a Para Ordnance 1445 about a month ago but have yet to shoot :(
Thanks Paul,congrats on your new toy those para 0rdnance 45's are awsome :nice: If I could carry a single action at work i'd probably have one of those too. I've already have almost 500 rounds threw my XD40 in less than 2 months so hopefully I'll carry on the tradition with my new xd45 lol. Dang I luv shooting its like theropy for me since I dont drag race anymore:nice:

The Factor said:
Thanks Paul,congrats on your new toy those para 0rdnance 45's are awsome :nice: If I could carry a single action at work i'd probably have one of those too. I've already have almost 500 rounds threw my XD40 in less than 2 months so hopefully I'll carry on the tradition with my new xd45 lol. Dang I luv shooting its like theropy for me since I dont drag race anymore:nice:
So what do you do for a living that requires a heater? A friend of mine just picked up an SA XD for around $400ish so I will have to ask him where he got it. I will probably stash away some cash to pick one up if it feels right in my hand. It would be nice to have a little something "extra" for those long drives and camping trips. I had an episode once where some people were shooting in the woods towards our general direction. We weren't sure if they were being malicious, but all it took was one blast from a .44 magnum for them to realize there was a bigger dog in the woods with a meaner bite. :owned:

tehnick said:
So what do you do for a living that requires a heater? A friend of mine just picked up an SA XD for around $400ish so I will have to ask him where he got it. I will probably stash away some cash to pick one up if it feels right in my hand. It would be nice to have a little something "extra" for those long drives and camping trips. I had an episode once where some people were shooting in the woods towards our general direction. We weren't sure if they were being malicious, but all it took was one blast from a .44 magnum for them to realize there was a bigger dog in the woods with a meaner bite. :owned:
Im on the witness relocation program, but dont tell anyone;) Your friend probably picked up a used one or it was a sub compact possibly 9mm there the cheapest. You cant touch the XD40 in a 4 inch or 5 inch for under 480.00 unless you get a law enforcement discount whitch some do offer.;) The best i've seen the tactical XD45 in the 5 inch was between 510.00 and 550.00. I was looking at a smith 50 cal revolver today what a beauty you could hunt bear with it but for just under a thousand bucks it better be good for elephant:D I'd like to get one just for ****s and giggles:nice:

jordanvraptor said:
Congrats Ed, I've never picked up one of the xd45's so I have no idea how it feels in the hand but I have also read nothing but good reviews on it. I'm still trying to decide on what I'm going to get when I get back.

sp89

sp89.gif

breifn.jpg

Attachments

• sp89.gif
    sp89.gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 43
  • breifn.jpg
    breifn.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 38
jordanvraptor said:
Congrats Ed, I've never picked up one of the xd45's so I have no idea how it feels in the hand but I have also read nothing but good reviews on it. I'm still trying to decide on what I'm going to get when I get back.
Thanks Jordan, when you come back will have to go shooting for sure. I might pick up a 9mm from the SA XD family in the near future to, just because there fun to shoot and ammo is so cheap. I think you should get a XD45 or XD40 If your gonna get another hand gun.:nice: :flag: