just started my 5 lug conversion install

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Well, I have been piecing it together for quite a while now and I finally broke down and sold my ponies with tires to buy the final pieces to my 5lug conversion kit. I will probably order tires this weekend for the front. That is pretty much the last thing I need to buy but I was trying to find a nice almost new or new set from someone on here or corral (245/45/17) but no one answered. I got my rotors for the front today (having a used rear set turned). Fyi, checkers had rotors for $40 a pop but if you go to there online site (partsamerica.com) and order them then pick them up at the store they are $24 a piece. Big difference to me anyways. THe guy at the counter kept checking the part number when he saw my receipt print up. Kinda nice. The front is pretty much done besides needing the front tires. I will start in on the rear this weekend as well as under the hood stuff. Going by pretty fast I must say. I don't have time on the weekdays so this weekend I plan on getting a lot done so all I'll need to do is toss on my front rims and tires and be ready to fly. I also just got my fuel pump in the mail so that will be going in while the car is on jacks. I will post progress pics soon enough. Later
Jon

• Sponsors (?)

srothfuss said:
Very cool... Did you go with the SN setup all the way around or something a little more fancy?

I went all SN for now. I will upgrade to cobras a little later. For now I have pbr dual piston calipers up front (I have 95 calipers if someone is interested) , spindles from a 95, axles from a 96 as well as rear calipers from a 96. I wanted slotted rotors but I am on a tight budget. I guess putting this together for over a year should show that. Today I plan on the rear being done. I plan on getting uder the hood today as well. The front I finished last weekend but I am waiting for my tires to put the front on the ground. I also just got a new fuel pump so while the rear is in the air I am going to drop the tank and put that in there. thanks for the supportive words guys.

I did the exact same brake conversion.It made a lot of sense to go with the front PBR's.It all works great.BTW,I recommend the Falken 115's.They are very quiet and pretty comfortable tires considering I went from 15" to 17" wheels.I also had no rubbing issues at all with the 245-45-17's.They only cost about $90 each from Discount Tire Direct online with free shipping.